MSc Strategic Communication and Public Relations (Joint Degree PFU Barcelona)
Immerse yourself in a variety of cultures while you study on this interdisciplinary, advanced postgraduate course in Strategic Communication and Public Relations delivered jointly by the University of Stirling and Pompeu Fabra University. You will benefit from an international perspective, having the opportunity to study in both Stirling and Barcelona.
Taught entirely in English, the course offers a hands-on approach, while at the same time providing you with the theoretical foundations you need to practise public relations at a managerial level and understand the role of public relations in society.
You’ll obtain a joint MSc degree from the University of Stirling and Pompeu Fabra University. You spend Semester 1 at the University of Stirling and then move to Pompeu Fabra University for Semester 2. You may then decide if you would like to have your dissertation supervised by staff at Stirling or Pompeu Fabra.
A minimum of a second class honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject.
English Language Requirement
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 176 overall with a minimum of 169 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 169 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 62 overall with 60 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 80 overall with 18 in reading, 23 in writing, 19 in listening and 21 in speaking
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 80 overall with 18 in reading, 23 in writing, 19 in listening and 21 in speaking
- TOEFL ITP Plus for China minimum 543 overall, 54 in listening, 53 in structure and written expression, 56 in reading and B2 in speaking
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall and Merit in all sub-skills, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 105 overall with a minimum of 95 in each sub-skill
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year 1, Autumn semester
- Public Relations and Public Communications Theories
- Media Relations and Production
- Research for Dissertation/Research Design
Year 1, Spring semester
- Strategic Public Relations Planning
- Research and Evaluation for Practice
- Public Affairs and Advocacy
- Public Diplomacy and Strategic Communication
- Public Relations and Digital Media
Year 1, Summer semester
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Mode of study: full-time, campus based, stand-alone modules
- Tuition fee for UK students: £9,350
- Tuition fee for EU students: £18,645
- Tuition fee for Overseas (non-EU) students: £18,645
Award: Masters / MSc
Our graduates typically occupy positions such as:
- Communications Officer/Manager
- Public Relations Officer/Manager
- Media Officer
- Social Media Officer/Manager
- Internal Communications Officer/Manager
- Corporate Affairs Officer/Manager
About this institute
University of Stirling
The University of Stirling is an international university committed to helping students make a difference in the world. We’re passionate about creating impact in everything we do - addressing real societal issues, providing solutions, and helping to shape communities. Based...
Want to know more about MSc Strategic Communication and Public Relations (Joint Degree PFU Barcelona)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia