MSc Environmental Management (Energy)University of Stirling
MSc Environmental Management (Energy)
All available course dates
MSc Environmental Management (Energy)
Britain seeks to be a world leader in renewable energies and its generating potential is recognised globally, but it is equally renowned for the quality of its natural environment. This creates the potential for conflict. As a result, we need to better understand the various environmental costs associated with 21st-century energy technologies, whether renewable or non-renewable, and how these costs can be evaluated, managed and mitigated.
Our Masters course in Environmental Management (Energy) builds on the success of our respected and long-running Environmental Management course, which has over 600 graduates. The course draws on our existing expertise and research strengths in environmental impact assessment, carbon trading, planning and impacts of wind, hydro and nuclear power, as well as our expertise in energy management and environmental economics.
The division of Biological and Environmental Sciences, which runs this course, specialises in studies of human interactions with the environment. Their key strengths are environmental assessment and management.
A minimum of a second class Honours degree (2:1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. If you have a 2:1 or a first class honours degree in another discipline and significant relevant work and life experience we still encourage you to apply.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 169 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- TOEFL ITP Plus for China minimum 543 overall, 54 in listening, 53 in structure and written expression, 56 in reading and B2 in speaking.
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall with a Pass in each sub-skill, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 95 overall with a minimum of 90 in all sub-skills
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Mode of study: part-time, full-time, campus based, stand-alone modules
- Course fee for UK students: £9,350
- Course fee for EU students: £20,845
- Course fee for Overseas students: £20,845
Award: Masters / MSc, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate
On the course you’ll gain:
- an understanding of the scientific principles (atmospheric, hydrological, geomorphological and ecological) that underpin current environmental issues related to energy production
- an understanding of the economic, political, social and legal frameworks for managing the environment
- a sound training in relevant practical, investigative, research and all-encompassing skills that managers in the energy and environment sector need
While this course is still in its early years our long-standing MSc Environmental Management has a very good record with most students swiftly moving on to employment in the environmental sector. We have graduates working for the following companies:
- Enertrag - renewable energies
- Ventus Green Energy
- Wind Prospects
- Scottish Power
About this institute
University of Stirling
The University of Stirling is an international university committed to helping students make a difference in the world. We’re passionate about creating impact in everything we do - addressing real societal issues, providing solutions, and helping to shape communities. Based...
Want to know more about MSc Environmental Management (Energy)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates