MSc Data Science for Business (Online)University of Stirling
MSc Data Science for Business (Online)
All available course dates
MSc Data Science for Business (Online)
Take your place on the cutting edge of today’s evolving business landscape with our online MSc in Data Science for Business.
The course equips you to become a data-driven leader against a backdrop of rapid change, in which businesses are increasingly relying on big data to make their most important decisions. Globally, the demand for data scientists has grown at a faster rate than supply – with a 344% increase in job postings in the field since 2013 (Indeed, 2019). Yet 77% of companies say it’s difficult to recruit people with the big data skills they need. By studying our online Masters, you’ll be perfectly positioned to meet this growing demand.
As you progress on the course, you’ll develop highly sought-after skills, including:
- An understanding of the industrial and scientific relevance of analytics
- The ability to apply data-led insights in strategic decision-making
- Business acumen and advanced management know-how
- Real-world case studies and a focus on current business issues give you the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of the use of data analytics in solving the challenges you'll encounter in the workplace.
The entire course is studied online, enabling you to fit your studies around personal and professional demands. You’ll learn through a combination of video lectures, live webinars and course materials that are easy to access wherever you are, whenever it works for you. Our intuitive learning hub also offers collaborative tools that make it simple to connect with tutors and fellow students, creating a rich online environment built around human-centred learning.
A minimum of a second class Honours degree or equivalent.Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 169 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- TOEFL ITP Plus for China minimum 543 overall, 54 in listening, 53 in structure and written expression, 56 in reading and B2 in speaking.
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall with a Pass in each sub-skill, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 95 overall with a minimum of 90 in all sub-skills
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The course is delivered entirely online through our intuitive learning platform. You’ll have access to a wide range of resources, including:
- Video lectures
- Live webinars
- Day-to-day support from online tutors
- Collaborative activities with fellow students
- Core module materials, documentation and reading lists
- Journals, ebooks and software
Total MSc course fee for UK and overseas students: £9,500
Award: Masters / MSc, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate
Over the duration of the course you'll:
- Acquire knowledge, skills and experience for a successful career in data driven roles
- Understand the applications and implications of data analytics in organisations across different sectors
- Develop knowledge and skills of data analytics tools and techniques for business decision making
- Enhance your capabilities and confidence for championing data analytic projects
- Enhance and develop critical, analytical, interpersonal and other transferable skills
Our online MSc Data Science for Business was developed in partnership with industry and is designed to produce graduates with the skills that companies need. You'll be equipped for roles such as:
- Data analyst
- Data Scientist
- Enterprise Architect
- Machine Learning Scientist
- Business Intelligence Developer
Demand for people with data analytics skills is projected to grow rapidly. Average salaries are higher in data analytics jobs than the IT average, and the skills shortage will further enhance employment prospects for data-aware graduates. The Tech Partnership UK estimate that big data professionals earn on average 31% more than other IT professionals.
About this institute
University of Stirling
The University of Stirling is an international university committed to helping students make a difference in the world. We’re passionate about creating impact in everything we do - addressing real societal issues, providing solutions, and helping to shape communities. Based...
Want to know more about MSc Data Science for Business (Online)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg