MSc Data Science for BusinessUniversity of Stirling
MSc Data Science for Business
All available course dates
MSc Data Science for Business
This exciting MSc Data Science for Business is the first in Scotland to be developed with inputs from SAS, a global leader in business analytics solutions; leading financial services organisation HSBC and The Data Lab to ensure it meets industry needs.
This MSc course provides you with a deep understanding of the industrial and scientific relevance of advanced analytics and their application in strategic and operational decision-making. The course addresses the acknowledged shortage of business leaders and managers with a detailed working knowledge of data analytics. As a graduate you’ll have a highly sought-after blend of data analytics, business acumen and advanced management skills.
You can develop specialist skills by choosing elective modules from finance, computing science and management. You’ll work on real life consultancy-style projects alongside industry leaders in data analytics. Our extensive network of external organisations across all sectors provides opportunities to build your knowledge, skills and experience for a successful career in business analytics roles.
A minimum of a second class Honours degree or equivalent.Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 169 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- TOEFL ITP Plus for China minimum 543 overall, 54 in listening, 53 in structure and written expression, 56 in reading and B2 in speaking.
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall with a Pass in each sub-skill, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 95 overall with a minimum of 90 in all sub-skills
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Mode of study: part-time, full-time, campus based, stand-alone modules
- Course fee for UK students: £9,350
- Course fee for EU students: £20,845
- Course fee for Overseas students: £20,845
Award: Masters / MSc, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate
Over the two semesters of taught classes you’ll:
- Acquire knowledge, skills and experience for a successful career in data driven roles
- Understand the applications and implications of data analytics in organisations across different sectors
- Develop knowledge and skills of data analytics tools and techniques for business decision making
- Enhance your capabilities and confidence for championing data analytic projects
- Enhance and develop critical, analytical, interpersonal and other transferable skills
About this institute
University of Stirling
The University of Stirling is an international university committed to helping students make a difference in the world. We’re passionate about creating impact in everything we do - addressing real societal issues, providing solutions, and helping to shape communities. Based...
Want to know more about MSc Data Science for Business? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg