MSc Business AnalyticsUniversity of Stirling
MSc Business Analytics
All available course dates
MSc Business Analytics
Business Analytics focuses on understanding the data generated by individual organisations, and how it can be used to improve business practices.
As a conversion course developed in close partnership with industry we welcome students from any academic discipline and you will learn to use powerful visual programming and scripting tools, such as Orange, R, Power-BI, Python. These tools will enable you to learn how to deploy statistical analysis, predictive analytics, text analytics and data-mining tools to provide clear actionable solutions for business leaders and influence business strategy.
You’ll need a minimum of a second class Honours degree in any subject, or an equivalent qualification. However, you can still apply if you don’t have these formal qualifications, but bring significant work experience in a relevant area.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 169 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- TOEFL ITP Plus for China minimum 543 overall, 54 in listening, 53 in structure and written expression, 56 in reading and B2 in speaking
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall with a Pass in each sub-skill, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 95 overall with a minimum of 90 in all sub-skills
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Mode of study: part-time, full-time, campus based, stand-alone modules
- Course fee for UK students: £9,350
- Course fee for EU students: £20,845
- Course fee for Overseas students: £20,845
Award: Masters / MSc, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate
Graduates will acquire knowledge, skills and experience for a successful career in roles requiring good understanding of business analytics and data-driven decision-making. These may include:
- Strategic Planning or Sustainability analytics teams
- Customer Insight or Marketing Analytics teams
- Finance, Pricing or other technical analytics teams
- Process improvement or other technical operations teams
- Data quality management or other data focused teams
You’ll work on real-world projects with key organisations who are using business analytics for strategic development. Our extensive network of external organisations across all sectors provides opportunities to build your knowledge, skills and experience for a successful career in business analytics roles.
Business Analytics opens up careers in diverse areas such as Strategic Management, Operations Planning, Sustainability; Customer-Relations Management; Supply-chain-Management, Process Improvement, or, Disruption and Change Management.
About this institute
University of Stirling
The University of Stirling is an international university committed to helping students make a difference in the world. We’re passionate about creating impact in everything we do - addressing real societal issues, providing solutions, and helping to shape communities. Based...
Want to know more about MSc Business Analytics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg