MPH Public Health (Online)
Public health has a central role in influencing health policy, protecting the public and improving population health. As COVID-19 has highlighted, public health filters through all aspects of our lives and the world needs more highly trained and skilled people working directly and indirectly in public health roles who can lead the charge towards a healthier and fairer society.
Whether you’re already involved in public health research, policy and practice, or are planning a career in those areas, this Masters course is designed to support your future career ambitions, either in the UK or abroad.
Shaped by some of the leading thinkers in public health, the course will equip you with unique insights into modern public health theory and methods and teach you how to apply them to your work. You’ll interact with experts in the field as you develop a critical understanding of public health approaches and learn how to make a positive impact on the wellbeing of individuals and communities.
You can study the course entirely online, making it an ideal option if you want to gain a Masters qualification while working. The module choices are also extremely flexible, allowing you to create a tailored program that suits your own learning needs, interests and goals in public health.
A minimum of a second class Honours degree (2:1 preferred) or equivalent.Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 176 overall with a minimum of 169 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 169 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 62 overall with 60 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 80 overall with 18 in reading, 23 in writing, 19 in listening and 21 in speaking
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 80 overall with 18 in reading, 23 in writing, 19 in listening and 21 in speaking
- TOEFL ITP Plus for China minimum 543 overall, 54 in listening, 53 in structure and written expression, 56 in reading and B2 in speaking
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall and Merit in all sub-skills, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 105 overall with a minimum of 95 in each sub-skill
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Mode of study: online, part-time, stand-alone modules
Duration: MPH part-time: 36 months (September start), 44 months (January/February start), 40 months (May start)
Course fee for UK / overseas students: £9,500
Award: Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate, MPH
Through your studies, you’ll learn how to:
- explore and understand public health theory and techniques appropriate to your own area of interest
- gain first-hand insight into approaches used by researchers, practitioners and policymakers
- develop practical and transferable skills, including report writing, team working, literature searching, research methods, and critical appraisal
Public heath practitioner roles differ greatly in the work they focus on and in their specific job titles. Some examples of the types of roles you’ll be qualified for include:
- Health Policy Advisor
- Public Health Advisor
- Substance Misuse Worker
- Heath Improvement Practitioner
- Public Health Nutritionist
- Teenage Pregnancy Co-ordinator
- Smoking Cessation Advisor
- Advanced Health Improvement Practitioner
- Environmental Scientist
- Health/Education Advisor
- Support Worker
About this institute
University of Stirling
The University of Stirling is committed to helping students make a difference in the world. Based in the heart of Scotland, Stirling is a place where ability – not background – is valued, and teaching, employability and facilities are all...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...