About this program
Health Data Science MSc
The MSc in Health Data Science explores the principles and practice of digital health as well as applied skills commonly needed for digital health careers.
- A 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
- You should some have experience in statistical data analysis and some familiarity with methods such as sampling and regression. This might be through one of the following:
- an advanced secondary school or high school level qualification in statistics or another quantitative scientific subject
- undergraduate-level modules in a quantitative scientific subject
- relevant professional experience.
- Experience in computer programming is useful but is not essential.
- computer science
- public health
- software engineering
The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
English language proficiency
If English is not your first language, you may need to provide an English language test score to evidence your English language ability.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Digital Health Principles
- Introductory Data Analysis
- Digital Health Practice
- Biomedical imaging and sensing
All students will normally take modules in programming and quantitative methods in Semester 1 unless they have a sufficient background in computer science and data analysis or statistics. These modules complement the core modules.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Each taught module will use teaching and learning methods appropriate to its aims. These may include seminars, workshops, lectures, tutorials, and independent study.
- Home: £11,120
- Overseas: £27,230
The University of St. Andrews’ global reputation makes its graduates highly valued by employers. The MSc in Health Data Science is aimed at students intending to follow a career in digital health, and you will develop skills commonly needed for digital health-related careers in healthcare settings, pharmaceutical companies, medical technology industries, and government.
In addition to broadening your subject knowledge and applying established techniques of research and enquiry, you will develop and demonstrate essential skills including:
- critical thinking and creativity
- analysis and appraisal
- problem solving and decision making
- personal leadership and project management
- interpersonal communication and team working
Message the school
About this institute
University of St Andrews
The University of St Andrews is Scotland’s first University. As a 600 year-old institution, we are known across the globe for our world leading quality and depth of research. For six centuries some of the world’s brightest and most promising...
Why study at University of St Andrews
Studying in St Andrews is a unique and rewarding experience that will take your skills and knowledge to the next level.
Students at St Andrews have access to some of the world’s best professors and lecturers and a degree from the University of St Andrews is sought after by employers around the world.
In addition to award-winning teaching and research, the University of St Andrews has an array of facilities which result in high levels of student satisfaction and a world class reputation.
Want to know more about Health Data Science MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!