Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Description of Doctor of Education (DEDU)
Doctor of Education (DEDU)
The Doctor of Education (DEDU) at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) in Queensland, Australia is a professional and research doctorate directed at helping students to acquire and practise research knowledge and skills as they design, conduct and report doctoral level research about current and real world questions and topics. In doing so, this education program provides students with maximum support and training to collect and analyse data and create new knowledge and understanding, and also to pursue new career opportunities.
Career opportunities for future program graduates of the Doctor of Education are likely to match the current positions held by existing program graduates, including leading positions in educational and professional contexts such as school principals, school district directors, education system directors, directors of technical and vocational colleges, heads of educational facilities and services across a variety of sectors, directs of training and development facilities, university academics, educational counsellors, educational trainers and consultants, and campus and centre managers.
On successful completion of the Doctor of Education, students should be able to:
- contribute to the advancement of knowledge relating to professional practice and leadership in education
- exhibit competence and commitment in pursuing personal goals of advanced scholarship in relation to their areas of specialisation
- apply knowledge and skills acquired through research training
- integrate empirical, methodological and theoretical knowledge in ways that engage current educational issues
- articulate the local, provincial, national, regional and global dimensions of the work and identities of contemporary educators, trainers and developers
- demonstrate the capacity to add value to, and to help to sustain, contemporary learning communities
- develop and extend a commitment to lifelong education and to fulfilling their own lives and those of others
To be considered eligible for admission to the Doctor of Education (DEDU) at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) in Queensland, Australia, applicants must:
- have completed a Masters with a ‘credit’ average or an undergraduate Honours (I or IIa) degree, or equivalent qualification in Education or a cognate field relevant to the proposed area of study from a recognised university
- have a documented record of normally three years full-time equivalent of professional or teaching experience in a field relevant to the proposed area of study and be currently or recently employed in professional practice
- provide evidence of English language proficiency (minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent) - international students only
Admission to all graduate programs is highly competitive owing to limited enrolment capacities. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
University of Southern Queensland
Whatever you want to study, full time or part time, online or on-campus, the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is making it easier than ever for study to fit your life. With more than 75 per cent of students studying...