About this program
Integrated Master's Degree in Computer Science with Cyber Security
This course gives you the digital skills and industry experience to protect companies and governments from the rapidly increasing threat of cyber crime. Your skills will be in high demand when you graduate because of a global shortage of qualified cyber security professionals.
You’ll be taught by academics who are directly contributing to important advances in areas like blockchain and the Internet of Things.
The UK government’s National Cyber Security Centre recognises Southampton as a centre of excellence when it comes to research in this growth area.
As part of your master's, you will:
- learn how to design, build and deliver software programs and systems
- study in computer science labs recognised as an Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research by the UK government
- learn how to identify and address cyber security risks in software, internet-connected devices, web-based and networked systems
- be taught by academic staff at the forefront of research
- do an individual special project in year 3
- take part in a group design project in year 4, working with an academic or an industry customer
The course is accredited by the British Computer Society and is one of just 3 UK integrated master's degrees to be provisionally certified by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC).
This MEng Computer Science with Cyber Security degree is also accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
- A*AA including mathematics (minimum grade A)
- A*A*B including mathematics (minimum grade A*)
- AAAA including mathematics
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Pass, with 38 points overall, with 18 points required at Higher Level including 6 at Higher Level in Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches or 7 at Higher Level in Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation
- D in the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma plus grades A*A in two A-levels including mathematics (minimum grade A)
- D* in the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma plus grades AA in A-levels including mathematics.
- D*D in the BTEC Diploma plus grade A in A-level mathematics
- DD in the BTEC Extended Diploma plus grade A* in A-level mathematics.
- We do not accept the BTEC Extended Diploma without A-level Maths.
- Applicants with a BTEC Extended Diploma should apply for the Engineering/Physics/Mathematics/Geophysics Foundation Year.
Applicants must hold GCSE English language (or GCSE English) (minimum grade 4/C) and mathematics (minimum grade 4/C)
English language requirements
If English isn't your first language, you'll need to complete an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to demonstrate your competence in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Computer Systems I
- Data Management
- Foundations of Computer Science
- Professional Development
- Programming 2
- Programming I
- Software Modelling and Design
- Computer Systems II
- Distributed Systems and Networks
- Intelligent Systems
- Interaction Design
- Principles of Cyber Security
- Programming III
- Software Engineering Group Project
- Theory of Computing
- Engineering Management and Law
- Part III Individual Project
- Security of Cyber Physical Systems
- Web and Cloud Based Security
You must also choose from the following modules in year 3:
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Advanced Databases
- Cloud Application Development
- Computational Biology
- Computer Vision
- Foundations of Machine Learning
- Game Design and Development
- Machine Learning Technologies
- Natural Language Processing
- Real-Time Computing and Embedded Systems
- Robotic Systems
- Social Computing Techniques
- Group Design Project
- Software Security
You must also choose from the following modules in year 4:
- Advanced Machine Learning
- Algorithmic Game Theory
- Automated Code Generation
- Automated Software Verification
- Biologically Inspired Robotics
- Computational Finance
- Cyber Crime, Insecurity and the Dark Web (Cyber Security)
- Data Mining
- Data Visualisation
- Deep Learning
- E-Business Strategy
- Evolution of Complexity
- Image Processing
- Individual Research Project
- Intelligent Agents
- Open Data Innovation
- Reinforcement and Online Learning
- Semantic Web Technologies
- Social Media and Network Science
- Software Project Management and Secure Development
- Wireless Networks
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK, Channel Island, Isle of Man and Irish students: £9,250 per year.
- EU and international students: £22,760 per year.
- Final award: Master of Engineering (MEng)
- Name of Award: Artificial Intelligence Computer Science Cyber Security
- Interim Exit awards:
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (BEng (Hons))
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE)
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
- FHEQ level of final award: Level 7
Most of our graduates go straight into computer science jobs in high-tech companies.
- software engineer
- app developer
- web developer
- systems analyst.
- cyber security analyst
- information security manager
- network security analyst
- penetration tester
- cyber security consultant
Message the school
About this institute
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a top 100 global University with a top 15 UK University place. We are a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, as demonstrated by our research intensity. We have a wonderful global community, with...
Why study at University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a welcoming and close knit student community of roughly 22,000 students. We have an international student population which makes up just under 30% of our student body which is wonderful. With 98% of our graduates going into work or further study 6 months after graduation, we offer the chance to study at a world leading Russell Group University whilst safe in the knowledge you will be well on your way to succeeding your chosen career.
Want to know more about Integrated Master's Degree in Computer Science with Cyber Security? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America