Integrated Master's Degree in Computer Science with AI
Artificial intelligence (AI) is set to revolutionise work, leisure and travel in ways we can only imagine. It has the potential to solve global health, social and environmental challenges. On this computer science with artificial intelligence course, you’ll learn to design and build the AI programs and systems behind these exciting developments.
As a highly respected hub for AI research, you'll benefit from a range of specialist modules that few UK universities can match. You’ll also be taught by academics actively involved in the latest advances in AI.
Areas you’ll study include machine learning, computer vision, intelligent agents, game theory and robotics.
You’ll graduate with outstanding career prospects in one of today’s most exciting and rapidly evolving fields of computer science.
As part of your master's you will:
- learn how to design, build and deliver software programs and systems
- study AI principles and practice at an advanced level
- be taught by academic staff at the forefront of research
- do an individual special project in year 3
- take part in a group design project in year 4, working with an academic or industry customer
This MEng Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence degree is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of:
- fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer
- A*AA including mathematics (minimum grade A)
- A*A*B including mathematics (minimum grade A*)
- AAAA including mathematics
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Pass, with 38 points overall, with 18 points required at Higher Level including 6 at Higher Level in Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches or 7 at Higher Level in Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation
- D in the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma plus grades A*A in two A-levels including mathematics (minimum grade A)
- D* in the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma plus grades AA in A-levels including mathematics.
- D*D in the BTEC Diploma plus grade A in A-level mathematics
- DD in the BTEC Extended Diploma plus grade A* in A-level mathematics.
- We do not accept the BTEC Extended Diploma without A-level Maths.
- Applicants with a BTEC Extended Diploma should apply for the Engineering/Physics/Mathematics/Geophysics Foundation Year.
Applicants must hold GCSE English language (or GCSE English) (minimum grade 4/C) and mathematics (minimum grade 4/C)
English language requirements
If English isn't your first language, you'll need to complete an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to demonstrate your competence in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Computer Systems I
- Data Management
- Foundations of Computer Science
- Professional Development
- Programming 2
- Programming I
- Software Modelling and Design
- Distributed Systems and Networks
- Intelligent Systems
- Interaction Design
- Programming III
- Programming Language Concepts
- Software Engineering Group Project
- Theory of Computing
You must also choose from the following modules in year 2:
- Advanced Software Modelling and Design
- Computer Systems II
- Principles of Cyber Security
- Engineering Management and Law
- Part III Individual Project
You must also choose from the following modules in year 3:
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Advanced Databases
- Cloud Application Development
- Computational Biology
- Computer Vision
- Foundations of Machine Learning
- Game Design and Development
- Machine Learning Technologies
- Natural Language Processing
- Real-Time Computing and Embedded Systems
- Robotic Systems
- Security of Cyber Physical Systems
- Social Computing Techniques
- Web Infrastructure
- Web and Cloud Based Security
- Group Design Project
You must also choose from the following modules in year 4:
- Advanced Machine Learning
- Advanced Topics in Human-Systems Interaction
- Algorithmic Game Theory
- Automated Code Generation
- Automated Software Verification
- Biologically Inspired Robotics
- Computational Finance
- Data Mining
- Data Visualisation
- Deep Learning
- E-Business Strategy
- Evolution of Complexity
- Image Processing
- Individual Research Project
- Intelligent Agents
- Open Data Innovation
- Reinforcement and Online Learning
- Semantic Web Technologies
- Social Media and Network Science
- Software Project Management and Secure Development
- Software Security
- Wireless Networks
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK, Channel Island, Isle of Man and Irish students: £9,250 per year.
- EU and international students: £22,760 per year.
- Final award: Master of Engineering (MEng)
- Name of Award Artificial: Intelligence Computer Science Cyber Security
- Interim Exit awards:
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (BEng (Hons))
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE)
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
- FHEQ level of final award: Level 7
It is also a great foundation for further study at master's degree or PhD level.
Most of our graduates begin their careers in artificial intelligence and computer science at high-tech companies. Roles include software engineer, developer, machine learning engineer, computer vision engineer, AI analyst and data scientist.
About this institute
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a top 100 global University with a top 15 UK University place. We are a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, as demonstrated by our research intensity. We have a wonderful global community, with...
Why study at University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a welcoming and close knit student community of roughly 22,000 students. We have an international student population which makes up just under 30% of our student body which is wonderful. With 98% of our graduates going into work or further study 6 months after graduation, we offer the chance to study at a world leading Russell Group University whilst safe in the knowledge you will be well on your way to succeeding your chosen career.
Want to know more about Integrated Master's Degree in Computer Science with AI? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...