About this program
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
Are you fascinated by the human mind? Do you question what prompts human behaviour? Choose the BSc in Psychology degree at the University of Southampton to journey into the human psyche. This highly useful degree course will let you analyse human choices, emotions, motivations and beliefs through research and data analysis.
On this degree, we offer you a broad range of subjects to delve into, such as social psychology and neuroscience, leading to more specific subjects such as child development and the psychology of advertising.
This degree is accredited by the British Psychological Society, and you’ll be eligible for membership when you graduate.
Our facilities will support you in every area of research. They include:
- a custom-fit mobile research vehicle for community research
- eye movement recording facilities
- an observation lab with audiovisual studio
- a virtual reality (VR) laboratory
As part of your degree you can:
- study a second subject as a minor discipline
- study abroad at one of our partner universities including the University of Sydney, University of Hong Kong, and University of Western Ontario
- study modules outside of psychology to broaden your knowledge, including criminology, social sciences and law
You could be involved in all aspects of the department’s research process, working alongside postgraduate students or academic staff in one of our research centres:
- Perception and Cognition
- Innovation in Mental Health
- Self and Identity
- Clinical and Community Applications of Health Psychology
AAB including one subject in Psychology, Mathematics or a Science subject. AAA if not studying a required subject.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Pass, with 34 points overall with 665 points at Higher Level, including Psychology, Mathematics or a Science subject at Higher Level, or Pass, with 36 points overall with 666 at Higher Level
- DDD in the BTEC Extended Diploma
- DD in the BTEC Diploma plus A or B in one A-level subject
- D in the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma plus grades AA/AB from 2 A-levels
Applicants must hold GCSE English language (or GCSE English) (minimum grade 4/C) and mathematics (minimum grade 4/C)
English language requirements
If English isn't your first language, you'll need to complete an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to demonstrate your competence in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Academic Support and Employability 1
- Behavioural Neuroscience
- Individual Differences
- Introduction to Psychology
- Psychology of Attractiveness
- Research Methods & Data Analysis II (& Empirical Studies)
- Research Methods and Data Analysis I
- Thinking Psychologically
You must also choose from the following modules in year 1:
- Criminal Justice Studies
- Independent Study and Synoptic Reflection
- The Psychology of Mental Health
- Academic Support and Employability 2
- Developmental Psychology
- Empirical Studies II
- Research Methods and Data Analysis III
- Social Psychology
You must also choose from the following modules in year 2:
- Adult Learners and Learning
- Cognitive Psychology in Education
- Criminological Psychology
- Engineering Replacement Body Parts
- Introduction to Criminology
- Introduction to Health Psychology
- Academic Support and Employability 3
- Current issues in Clinical Psychology
- Literature Review
- Research Paper
You must also choose from the following modules in year 3:
- Advanced Quantitative Research Skills
- Attachment & Personal Relationships
- Childhood Maltreatment and Mental Health
- Current & Emerging Issues in Psycho-Oncology & Pain Research
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Engineering Replacement Body Parts
- Human Learning
- Intergroup Relations and Interpersonal Influence
- Introduction to Educational Psychology
- Perspectives in Human Animal Interactions
- Project-Based Introduction to Web Programming for Behaviour Researchers
- Psychology of Advertising
- Self-Conscious Emotions
- Social and Affective Neuroscience
- Social and Psychological Approaches to Understanding Sexual Health
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- The full tuition price for local/UK students is £9,250
- The price for International/Non-UK students is £23,720
- Final award: Bachelor of Science with Honours (BSc (Hons))
- Name of Award: Psychology
- Interim Exit awards:
- Certificate of Health Studies (CertHE)
- Diploma of Health Studies (DipHE)
- Bachelor of Science (Ordinary)
- FHEQ level of final award: Level 6
A psychology degree helps prepare you to become a psychologist. There are a range of potential jobs for psychology graduates, including:
- clinical psychology
- educational psychology
- forensic psychology
- health and occupational psychologies
- human resources
Message the school
About this institute
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a top 100 global University with a top 15 UK University place. We are a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, as demonstrated by our research intensity. We have a wonderful global community, with...
Why study at University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a welcoming and close knit student community of roughly 22,000 students. We have an international student population which makes up just under 30% of our student body which is wonderful. With 98% of our graduates going into work or further study 6 months after graduation, we offer the chance to study at a world leading Russell Group University whilst safe in the knowledge you will be well on your way to succeeding your chosen career.
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...