Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
This BSc Adult Nursing degree will give you the knowledge and skills you need to provide evidence-led and compassionate nursing care to adults. Your learning at Southampton, a global leader for nursing, will be supported by world-class educators and researchers.
You will study:
- the science that underpins nursing
- the evidence base behind the nurse's role
- how nurses promote health and help people maintain health and well-being
You'll develop practice skills through a range of nursing placements, and benefit from simulated practice and clinical skills teaching. You will also learn with and from students of other health professions.
Practice placements will normally be in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight in a mixture of hospital and community settings across 6 trusts.
To prepare you for your future role, this degree will help you to:
- develop skills in assessment, decision-making and managing complexity across a range of healthcare environments
- understand the nature of health needs within a global context
- become confident in embracing the technology and innovation needed to meet people's future health needs
- prepare for a future nursing leadership role in clinical or academic settings
This course is not available to EU and international students.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Pass with 30 points overall with 15 points at Higher Level
- DDD in the BTEC Extended Diploma
- DD in BTEC Diploma plus B in A-Level subject
- D in the BTEC Subsidary Diploma plus BB in two A-level subjects
Applicants must hold GCSE English language (or GCSE English) (minimum grade 4/C), Mathematics (minimum grade 4/C) and Science (minimum grade 4/C) if not offered at a level 3 qualification.
English language requirements
If English isn't your first language, you'll need to complete an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to demonstrate your competence in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- An Introduction to Professional Practice (BSc)
- Applied Health Science for Nursing Practice
- Foundations of Health Sciences for Nursing Practice
- Fundamental Aspects of Care
- Global and Public Health
- Part 1 Practice Placement 1 for BSc and MN
- Part 1 Practice Placement 2 for BSc and MN
- Person Centred Nursing Care
- YR1 Generic Timetabling
- Clinical Assessment and Planning Care for Adults
- Co-ordinating Long Term Care In Partnership (Child field)
- Managing Acute Changes in Health Status (Dual Field)
- Part 2 Practice Placement 1 for BSc and MN
- Part 2 Practice Placement 2 for BSc and MN
- Part 2 Practice Placement 3 for BSc and MN
- Research Methods
- YR2 Generic Timetabling
- Influencing Innovation and Change (Level 6)
- Part 3 Placement 2 Preparation for Registered Nurse Practice Placement for BSc
- YR3 Generic Timetabling
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
UK, Channel Island, Isle of Man and Irish students: 9,250 per year.
- Final award: Bachelor of Science with Honours (BSc (Hons))
- Name of Award: Nursing (Adult)
- Interim Exit awards:
- Bachelor of Science (Ordinary) in Health Studies
- Certificate of Health Studies (CertHE)
- Diploma of Health Studies (DipHE)
- FHEQ level of final award: Level 6
You will leave us career-ready to rise to the top of your profession. You'll have a number of employment options, including:
- NHS nursing careers
- community nursing
- work in nursing homes
- the independent sector – in the UK or internationally
There is also the potential of career progression to nurse specialist, advanced nurse or a clinical academic career.
About this institute
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a top 100 global University with a top 15 UK University place. We are a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, as demonstrated by our research intensity. We have a wonderful global community, with...
Why study at University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a welcoming and close knit student community of roughly 22,000 students. We have an international student population which makes up just under 30% of our student body which is wonderful. With 98% of our graduates going into work or further study 6 months after graduation, we offer the chance to study at a world leading Russell Group University whilst safe in the knowledge you will be well on your way to succeeding your chosen career.
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Nursing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Ohio, United States of America