About this program
Bachelor's Degree in Law LLB
Our challenging and inspiring law programme will give you in-depth legal knowledge, together with strong critical thinking and communication skills.
Our unique employability skills programme will ensure you consolidate what you learn through exceptional work experience and networking opportunities.
All our undergraduate programmes lead to qualifying law degrees recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board.
As part of your Law LLB you can:
- experience law in action by applying to shadow a senior member of the judiciary in the High Court or Court of Appeal
- work alongside legal professionals to advise students at the Law Clinic
- engage with our academic research groups including the Stefan Cross Centre for Women, Equality and Law, and the Institute of Maritime Law
- hone your presentation skills on the Streetlaw programme
- study modules outside of law to broaden your knowledge
During your degree you can take part in a range of competitions to enhance your skills, including the Womble Bond Dickinson Team Building Challenge and regional, national and international mooting and negotiation competitions.
You can forge even stronger links within our friendly community by joining a student-run society. These include our Law Society, Inns of Court Society, Mooting Society, Lawyers without Borders and the Canadian Law Society.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Pass, with 36 points overall with 18 points at Higher Level
- D in the Law or Applied Law BTEC Subsidiary Diploma plus AA from two A levels
- DD in the Law or Applied Law BTEC Diploma plus A grade from one A-level
- DDD in the Law or Applied Law BTEC Extended Diploma
Applicants must hold GCSE English language (or GCSE English) (minimum grade 4/C) and mathematics (minimum grade 4/C)
English language requirements
If English isn't your first language, you'll need to complete an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to demonstrate your competence in English.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Criminal Law
- Foundations of Contract Law
- Legal Skills
- Legal System and Reasoning
- Public Law 1: Foundations
You must also choose from the following modules in year 1:
- Historical Development of the Common Law
- Philosophical Perspectives on the Common Law
- Equity and Trusts
- Land Law
- Public Law 2: Administrative Justice
- Remedies in Contract & Torts
- The Law of Torts
You must also choose from the following modules in year 2:
- Criminal Justice
- Employment Law
- Family Law: Children, Parents and the State
- Foundations in Criminal Evidence Law
- Health Care Law and Bioethics
- Introduction to Commercial Law
- Introduction to Public International Law
- Principles of Commercial Arbitration Law
- Legal Research and Writing
You must also choose from the following modules in year 3:
- Admiralty Law
- Advanced Public Law
- Carriage of Goods by Sea
- Commercial Conflict of Laws and International Litigation
- Company Law
- Constitutional Law of Canada
- Crime in Law, Literature and Culture
- Family Law: State Regulation of Adults' Relationship Formation and Breakdown
- Globalisation and Law
- Insurance Contract Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Commercial Sales
- International Criminal Law
- International Human Rights Law
- Law and the Human Body
- Penal Policy
- Renting Homes: Law and Policy
- Theories of Law and Justice
- Transitional Justice: Law, War and Crime
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- The full tuition price for local/UK students is £9,250
- The price for International/Non-UK students is £19,300
- Final award: Bachelor of Laws with Honours (LLB (Hons))
- Name of award: LLB
- Interim Exit awards:
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE)
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
- FHEQ level of final award: Level 6
Your independent thinking, broad knowledge base, and ability to research and present a confident argument will prepare you for success in many areas. Our graduates have gone on to careers in:
- law (including as solicitors and barristers)
- the civil service
- probation service and social services
- national and international organisations
Message the school
About this institute
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a top 100 global University with a top 15 UK University place. We are a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, as demonstrated by our research intensity. We have a wonderful global community, with...
Why study at University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a welcoming and close knit student community of roughly 22,000 students. We have an international student population which makes up just under 30% of our student body which is wonderful. With 98% of our graduates going into work or further study 6 months after graduation, we offer the chance to study at a world leading Russell Group University whilst safe in the knowledge you will be well on your way to succeeding your chosen career.
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Law LLB? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...