About this program
Bachelor's Degree in Cardiac Physiology
Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) is a challenging but rewarding field that focuses on the detection and assessment of heart disease in a wide range of settings. Our cardiac courses are divided equally between academic and clinical placement learning, giving you the skills to change lives through your specialist care.
You’ll study cardiovascular, respiratory and sleep physiology in your first year, then specialise in cardiac physiology in your second and third years. You’ll learn how to use specialist diagnostic equipment and interpret clinical information to make key decisions.
Based at Southampton General Hospital and Highfield campus, you'll put your learning into practice in our dedicated clinical learning environment. You’ll benefit from a high level of patient interaction and workplace training through placements in out-patient departments, wards and theatres.
On successful completion of this degree course you'll be able to apply for registration with the Academy for Healthcare Science (AHS) and the Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists (RCCP).
You may be able to study this course part-time if you're already working in a Cardiac Physiology Department
ABB from 3 A-levels including one science
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Pass with 32 points overall with 16 points at Higher Level including a pure science
- DDD in the BTEC Extended Diploma
- DD in BTEC Diploma plus B in A-Level subject
- D in the BTEC Subsidary Diploma plus BB in two A-level subjects
Applicants must hold GCSE English language (or GCSE English) (minimum grade 4/C), Mathematics (minimum grade 4/C) and Science (minimum grade 4/C) if not offered at a level 3 qualification.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Work-Based Training 1
- An Introduction to Professional Practice (BSc)
- Applied Healthcare Science
- Foundations of Healthcare Science
- Principles of Healthcare Science
- Scientific Basis of Cardiovascular/Respiratory and Sleep Science (part 1)
- Scientific Basis of Cardiovascular/Respiratory and Sleep Science (part 2)
- Instrumentation, Signal Processing and Imaging
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Physiology
- Public health aspects of Cardiac Disease
- Research Methods
- Work based Training 2 Cardiac Physiology (Specialist Skills)
- Work-based Training 2 Cardiac Physiology (Clinical Portfolio)
- Invasive Cardiac Physiology
- Research Project
- Work Based Training 3 Cardiac Physiology (Clinical Portfolio)
- Work-based Training 3 Cardiac Physiology (Specialist Skills)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- The full tuition price for local/UK students is £9,250
- The price for International/Non-UK students is £23,720
- Final award: Bachelor of Science with Honours (BSc (Hons))
- Name of award: Cardiac Physiology (Healthcare Science)
- Interim Exit awards:
- Bachelor of Science (Ordinary) in Health Studies
- Certificate of Health Studies
- Diploma of Health Studies
- FHEQ level of final award: Level 6
You can expect excellent career prospects as a cardiac physiologist. Many of our graduates work in NHS cardiac physiology departments or undertake postgraduate study.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a top 100 global University with a top 15 UK University place. We are a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, as demonstrated by our research intensity. We have a wonderful global community, with...
Why study at University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a welcoming and close knit student community of roughly 22,000 students. We have an international student population which makes up just under 30% of our student body which is wonderful. With 98% of our graduates going into work or further study 6 months after graduation, we offer the chance to study at a world leading Russell Group University whilst safe in the knowledge you will be well on your way to succeeding your chosen career.
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Cardiac Physiology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!