Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical Engineering
Join the next generation of digital health technology engineers and design the health and wellbeing devices of the future on this biomedical electronic engineering degree. You’ll study key aspects of electronic engineering such as digital systems, solid state devices and computer engineering, and combine this with life sciences.
Life sciences modules introduce you to cell biology, the body’s essential systems, and neuroscience. The 2 disciplines come together in specialist biomedical electronic engineering modules.
On this course you’ll learn to design, build and test new health and wellbeing devices and systems. This includes wearable monitors to intelligent medical diagnostic tools.
Our biomedical electronics engineering programme will equip you for a career in a thriving sector, where your innovations could, one day, change the world.
As part of your degree course you can:
- combine electronic engineering training biomedicine studies, giving you the skills to create sensors, apps and digital systems
- use our outstanding research facilities including a modern electronics lab, a specialist biodevice lab and clean room
- develop your enterprise skills with support from our on-campus startup platform
- benefit from our strong relationships with ground-breaking organisations in this emerging industry
Chat with students
- Biomedical Engineering Design
- Biomolecular Systems
- Digital Systems and Microprocessors
- Electrical Materials and Fields
- Mathematics for Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Sensor Interfaces
- Advanced Electronic Systems
- Biomedical Control
- Digital Systems and Signal Processing
- Fundamentals of Cell Biology and Physiology
- Healthcare Technology Design
- Mathematics for Electronics & Electrical Engineering Part II
- Semiconductor Devices, Materials and Sensors
- Engineering Management and Law
- Part III Individual Project
You must also choose from the following modules in year 3:
- Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Biosensors and Diagnostics
- Cloud Application Development
- Computational Biology
- Engineering Replacement Body Parts
- Global Health
- Machine Learning Technologies
- Manufacturing and Materials
- Orthopaedic Biomechanics
- Principles of Neuroscience
- Robotic Systems
- Signal and Image Processing
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK, Channel Island, Isle of Man and Irish students: £9,250 per year.
- EU and international students: £22,760 per year.
- Final award: Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (BEng (Hons))
- Name of award: Biomedical Engineering (Electronics)
- Interim Exit awards:
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE)
- FHEQ level of final award: Level 6
Your biomedical electronics degree will also be a great foundation for work in other sectors or to continue studying at PhD level.
Many of our graduates go on to work in fields such as bioinstrumentation, biomechanics, and cellular tissue and genetic engineering.
About this institute
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a top 100 global University with a top 15 UK University place. We are a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, as demonstrated by our research intensity. We have a wonderful global community, with...
Why study at University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a welcoming and close knit student community of roughly 22,000 students. We have an international student population which makes up just under 30% of our student body which is wonderful. With 98% of our graduates going into work or further study 6 months after graduation, we offer the chance to study at a world leading Russell Group University whilst safe in the knowledge you will be well on your way to succeeding your chosen career.
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Rapid City, United States of America
Knoxville, United States of America
Honolulu, United States of America