Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Modern nursing is an exciting profession where nurses seeks to care for the patient holistically. Successful completion of this adult nursing degree will allow you entry to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Register as a qualified nurse.
This three-year, pre-registration adult nursing degree combines theory and practice in an innovative way, to focus on the care of people across a wide range of healthcare settings. Upon graduation, you’ll be qualified to start work as a staff nurse and embark on a rewarding career.
The field of adult nursing covers all aspects of caring for adolescents and adults with a range of health issues and challenges. You’ll be based in our state-of-the-art Clinical Simulation Centre and will also undertake work placements in a range of settings, to ensure you have experience from a variety of areas within nursing.
What you will study:
- Fundamentals of Care and Professional Practice
- Introduction to Evidence Based Practice
- Health, Well-Being & the Adult Client
- Contemporary Health Care: An introduction to adult nursing
- Developing Nursing Skills
- Acute and Continuing Care Needs of Adult Clients and Families
- Developing Clinical Sciences within Adult Nursing
- Legal, Ethical and Professional Issues in Adult Nursing
- Leadership, management and professionalism in practice
- Assessment and intervention of adult clients with complex health needs
- Empowering adult clients with ongoing health needs
300 UCAS tariff points, BBB at A-level, to exclude General Studies.With the Welsh Baccalaureate, two B grades at A-level are required. Five GCSE passes A-C must include Science in addition to Mathematics and English language.
For all pre-registration nursing degree programmes, two satisfactory references, a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (additional cost applies) (no offences are considered spent) and a satisfactory medical are also required.
There are no tuition fees for any UK or EU students on a pre-registration nursing or midwifery degree due to funding arrangements from the Welsh Government.
Your time here at USW will make a real difference to your life. Whether you’re learning with senior leaders from the BBC or aerospace engineers from major airlines, you’ll be part of a professional university that understands employers and gives...
Find your perfect career!