The curriculum in the Department of Physics serves three groups of students: those preparing for careers in physics, those pursuing professional fields such as medicine and engineering, and those electing physics and astronomy as part of the natural science requirement for Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degrees. The degree program in physics allows for flexibility to the extent that the serious student can select related courses in biology, chemistry, geology, computer science, and engineering to prepare for a career in such interdisciplinary areas as biophysics, geophysics, oceanography, and environmental science. Three options for a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics are offered. one option (the Premedical Option) is for those students pursuing medicine as a career. Links to sample programs and requirements for each option are given in the degree General Comments sections of each Area of Study. Students pursuing a degree in Physics also must have a minor in another discipline. In addition, the Department of Physics offers a double major with the Meteorology program within the Department of Earth Sciences.
- Official high school transcript reflecting a minimum 2.50 GPA
- Official ACT or SAT scores: a minimum ACT superscore of 19 OR a minimum SAT (critical reading + math only) score of 900 (if taken prior to March 2016) OR a minimum SAT (Evidence-based reading and writing + math only) score of 990 (if take March 2016 or after)
At this time, the University of South Alabama is accepting self-reported information that will be considered with your application for admission. All the information will be verified and your admission will be contingent on receipt of official documents.
Required Academic Core Courses:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of social science
- 3 years of Math- Must include Algebra I and two higher level math courses (for example: Algebra II, Algebra w/ Finance, Algebraic Connections, Geometry, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Pre-Calculus, or other higher level math courses will be considered)
- 3 years of science (At least two of the sciences must include labs)
- 3 years of advanced electives (Courses chosen from any of the four core areas above and may include foreign language)
The Alabama High School Diploma with Advanced Endorsement meets all University of South Alabama core requirements. The Credit Based Diploma awarded by Alabama High Schools is accepted; however, students must meet all high school core requirements listed above.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- In-State: 329.00 per credit hour
- Out-of-State: 658.00 per credit hour
About this institute
University of South Alabama
The University of South Alabama is a comprehensive, global research and teaching university that provides our students with an exceptional education in business, the liberal arts, education, engineering, computing, the sciences and health care. Located in Mobile, Alabama on the...
Want to know more about Physics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...