Technology is revolutionizing the way that healthcare is delivered both in the United States and around the world. The Health Informatics discipline focuses on improving patient care and outcomes through the use of information systems. Health Informaticists accomplish this in three main ways: supporting the healthcare provider, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the healthcare organization, and empowering the patient to be more involved in their own care. Health Informatics graduates pursue professional careers with hospitals, large clinics, healthcare software vendors, and various state and federal agencies. The combination of healthcare, technical, and interpersonal skills allow HI graduates to enter these organization and be productive immediately without the additional training that other traditional technologists may require. Health Informatics is a rapidly growing field that provides graduates who save lives and impact society through the use of technology.
- Official high school transcript reflecting a minimum 2.50 GPA
- Official ACT or SAT scores: a minimum ACT superscore of 19 OR a minimum SAT (critical reading + math only) score of 900 (if taken prior to March 2016) OR a minimum SAT (Evidence-based reading and writing + math only) score of 990 (if take March 2016 or after)
At this time, the University of South Alabama is accepting self-reported information that will be considered with your application for admission. All the information will be verified and your admission will be contingent on receipt of official documents.
Required Academic Core Courses:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of social science
- 3 years of Math- Must include Algebra I and two higher level math courses (for example: Algebra II, Algebra w/ Finance, Algebraic Connections, Geometry, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Pre-Calculus, or other higher level math courses will be considered)
- 3 years of science (At least two of the sciences must include labs)
- 3 years of advanced electives (Courses chosen from any of the four core areas above and may include foreign language)
The Alabama High School Diploma with Advanced Endorsement meets all University of South Alabama core requirements. The Credit Based Diploma awarded by Alabama High Schools is accepted; however, students must meet all high school core requirements listed above.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Health Informatics Clinical Environment
- Health Informatics
- Health Data Security and Compliance
- Health Data Management and Decision Support
- Information Systems Project Management
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- In-State: 344.00 per credit hour
- Out-of-State: 688.00 per credit hour
About this institute
University of South Alabama
The University of South Alabama is a comprehensive, global research and teaching university that provides our students with an exceptional education in business, the liberal arts, education, engineering, computing, the sciences and health care. Located in Mobile, Alabama on the...
Want to know more about Health Informatics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...