BA in Communication (Digital Cinema and Television)
Digital Cinema and Television is a concentration option for students pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Communication. Are you inspired to create and tell your own visual story? Satisfy your appetite for entertainment and pop culture. Develop an extensive knowledge of video graphics, editing and production.
Chat live with students from USA / South
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of South Alabama? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- Official high school transcript reflecting a minimum 2.50 GPA
- Official ACT or SAT scores: a minimum ACT superscore of 19 OR a minimum SAT (critical reading + math only) score of 900 (if taken prior to March 2016) OR a minimum SAT (Evidence-based reading and writing + math only) score of 990 (if take March 2016 or after)
At this time, the University of South Alabama is accepting self-reported information that will be considered with your application for admission. All the information will be verified and your admission will be contingent on receipt of official documents.
Required Academic Core Courses:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of social science
- 3 years of Math- Must include Algebra I and two higher level math courses (for example: Algebra II, Algebra w/ Finance, Algebraic Connections, Geometry, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Pre-Calculus, or other higher level math courses will be considered)
- 3 years of science (At least two of the sciences must include labs)
- 3 years of advanced electives (Courses chosen from any of the four core areas above and may include foreign language)
The Alabama High School Diploma with Advanced Endorsement meets all University of South Alabama core requirements. The Credit Based Diploma awarded by Alabama High Schools is accepted; however, students must meet all high school core requirements listed above.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Intro to Communication
- Writing Communication Media
- Digital Writing and Production
- Finds of Communication Research
- Ethics and Social Responsibility in Communication
Digital Cinema and Television requires at least 72 hours in courses outside of the Department of Communication.
- Intro to TV Studio Production
- Broadcast Scriptwriting
- Video Field Production
- Intermediate TV Studio Production
- Digital Cinema Management
- Advanced Video Field Production
- Film History
- Film and TV Genres
- Digital Cinema Production Basics
- Radio Broadcasting
- Decision Making- Small Groups
- Chinese Film- 3 credits
- Japanese Film
- Film History
- Film and TV Genres
- Media Literacy Information Age
- Rhetorical Criticism
- Advanced TV Studio Production
- The News Documentary
- Professional Studies- Internship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- In-State: 329.00 per credit hour
- Out-of-State: 658.00 per credit hour
A degree in digital cinema and television allows graduates to pursue careers as editors, videographers, producers, scriptwriters and technical directors. While in the program, students produce their own short films and television programs using high-definition equipment, and in the process, learn a broad understanding of the moving image. Students also gain an understanding of the historical, aesthetic and management side of production.
About this institute
University of South Alabama
The University of South Alabama is a comprehensive, global research and teaching university that provides our students with an exceptional education in business, the liberal arts, education, engineering, computing, the sciences and health care. Located in Mobile, Alabama on the...
Why study at University of South Alabama
State-of-the-art labs and classrooms, small class sizes, international accreditation, scholarships, proximity to the beach, affordability
Want to know more about BA in Communication (Digital Cinema and Television)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America