Master’s Degree in Nanoscience, Materials and Processes: Chemical Technology at the FrontierUniversitat Rovira i Virgili
Master’s Degree in Nanoscience, Materials and Processes: Chemical Technology at the Frontier
All available course dates
About this program
Master's Degree in Nanoscience, Materials and Processes: Chemical Technology at the Frontier
The aim of this programs is to train new professionals in the field of nanotechnology, materials and chemical engineering. It is of particular interest for graduates in any of the branches of the experimental sciences and technologies (chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biotechnology, physics, quantum chemistry, biological chemistry, microbiology, etc.) and it clearly prepares them for future research.
The students will acquire the skills required for them to join universities, research institutes, industry and services with a strong sense of innovation, development and entrepreneurial vision
The Master's Degree is aimed at graduates in scientific-technological disciplines or the health sciences. Therefore the Master's Degree is designed for students coming from any of the branches of the experimental sciences, health and technologies, with strong inclination and motivation for cutting-edge research.
Specific documentation required
As well as the compulsory general documentation required for pre-enrolment on the programs, you must also submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation/declaration of intent for academic coordination.
- Proof of B2 competence in English. In the unlikely event that you cannot demonstrate this level, you will be interviewed by the academic coodinator to assess your listening level.
Optionally, you can also submit other training relevant to the content of the master's degree (courses, seminars and other training activities, supported by the adequate accreditation documents) and Extended visits to English-speaking countries (at least 12 weeks, accredited by the appropriate documents).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Product and Process Design
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Design, Planning and Management of Research
- Multidisciplinary Seminars
- Master's Thesis
- Macro and Supramolecular Chemistry
- Numerical Calculus
- Avanced Thermodynamics and Molecular Simulation
- Introduction to Computacional Chemistry
Tools and Processes
- Nanofabrication and Nanoprocessing
- Clean Room Processes
- Introduction to Characterization Techniques Experimental Design
- Experimental Design
- Data Analysis
- Tools for the Design and Sustainable Production of Structured Foods
- Advanced Transport Phenomena
- Reactor Engineering
- Advanced Separation Processes
- Membrane and Microcapsule Technology
- Science and Technology of Aerosols
- Surfaces and Nanostructuring
- Materials: Symmetriy and Properties
- Nanostructured Polymeric Materials
- Nanoscale Biochemistry
- Chemoinformatics Applied to Nutritional Research
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- For students from member states of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Andorra* or resident in Spain: €1,806 / full time-course.
- Rest of students*: €2,913.
*Students who have obtained their degrees outside of Spain will be charged with €218,15 as a Tax of academic career that will apply in the first registration only (price for course 2021-22).
Credits - 60 ECTS
Doctoral programme in Nanoscience, Materials and Chemical Engineering
Graduates in the University Master's Degree in Nanoscience, Materials and Processes: Chemical Technology at the Frontier are capable of working in:
- Research at universities and research institutes. The master's degree is a requirement for being admitted to a PhD programs and the key to a future career as a researcher.
- Research, development and innovation in industries based on new scientific and technical knowledge (biotechnology, microelectronics, telecommunications, energy storage, new materials, etc.) and traditional industries (chemical, pharmaceutical, biomedical, ceramics, textiles, etc.) interested in innovation.
- Management, control and strategic planning of nanotechnological techniques, products and processes in the electronics industry, biomedicine, biotechnology, pharmacology, etc.
Message the school
About this institute
Universitat Rovira i Virgili
The Rovira i Virgili University (URV) is a young and dynamic university serving the needs of society, with an international outlook and a close relationship with our immediate socioeconomic environment. Located in Tarragona, approximately 100 kms south-west of Barcelona on...
Want to know more about Master’s Degree in Nanoscience, Materials and Processes: Chemical Technology at the Frontier? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Honolulu, United States of America