Interuniversity Erasmus Mundus Master’s Degree in Sustainable Catalysis (SuCat)Universitat Rovira i Virgili
Interuniversity Erasmus Mundus Master’s Degree in Sustainable Catalysis (SuCat)
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree in Sustainable Catalysis (SuCat) trains students to provide them with a real perspective of technical, research and development, applied in different areas of catalysis. The SuCat programme is an integrated Master Programme designed by 3 Universities with a wide-range leadership in homogeneous catalysis (University Rovira I Virgili), enzymatic catalysis (University of Aveiro) and heterogeneous catalysis (University of Poitiers).
This degree is a 2-years study programme with 120 ECTS credits welcoming around 20 students each year. All courses are taught in English in all Partner institutions. All students are asked to study full time.
Students are admitted to the program as follows:
- All prospective students apply on line using the SuCat master website
- The application must be submitted in English
- Applicants must hold a Eurobachelor degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or similar studies.
- Having obtained a minimum of 180 ECTS prior to the beginning of the course and have a good knowledge in English
- Students are selected by the partners according to their internal regulations and processes.
- Application received before the end of the deadline
- Application form filled out in English
- Application containing all requested elements and documents
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First Semester: Fundamentals of catalysis in UP
- Sustainable Chemistry
- Heterogeneous catalysis
- Homogeneous catalysis
- Microbial & Enzymatic catalysis
- Analytical tools
- Life cycle Assessment
Second Semester: Internship
The second semester will be dedicated to an internship in a partner or affiliated Institution. The aim is to work in a different declination of catalysis than the one the student will choose for the 3rd semester. This will allow the students to widen their knowledge in 2 different fields of catalysis.
Third Semester: Specialisation in each partner country
Heterogeneous catalysis at UP
- Catalytic nanomaterials
- Assisted catalysis
- Molecular modeling
Homogeneous catalysis at URV
- Introduction to computational chemistry
- Structural determination techniques
- Organometallics and homogeneous catalysis
- Asymmetric Synthesis
- Supramolecular Chemistry
- Multidisciplinary seminars
Biocatalysis at UA
- Spectroscpic techniques*
- Agroforestal chemistry*
- Medicinal chemistry*
- Macromolecular chemistry*
Fourth Semester: Master’s thesis
The master’s thesis can be prepared in a research laboratory of a partner university or an associate partner organisation (industry or research centre) or in any other company offering a research-oriented topic for the master’s thesis.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- €4,500/year for program-country students
- €9,000/year for partner-country students
Credits: 120 ECTS
The educational aim of this degree is to prepare students to become international experts and develop skills towards doctoral programmes and/or professional activities in all declinations of catalysis.
As a graduate in the Interuniversity Erasmus Mundus Master's Degree in Sustainable Catalysis, you will be an expert qualified to work in the following areas:
- Food products and animal nutrition
- Health and pharmaceutical products
- Automotion and transport
- Protection and reduction of environmental pollution
- Production of monomers and polymers
- Functional materials
- Production of basic products
- Fuels, natural gas and production and storage of energy
About this institute
Universitat Rovira i Virgili
The Rovira i Virgili University (URV) is a young and dynamic university serving the needs of society, with an international outlook and a close relationship with our immediate socioeconomic environment. Located in Tarragona, approximately 100 kms south-west of Barcelona on...
Want to know more about Interuniversity Erasmus Mundus Master’s Degree in Sustainable Catalysis (SuCat)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates