Inter-University Master's Degree in Public LawUniversitat Rovira i Virgili
Inter-University Master's Degree in Public Law
All available course dates
Inter-University Master's Degree in Public Law
This interuniversity master's degree is jointly taught by the Universitat Rovira i Virgili and the Universidad de Zaragoza and provides students with the skills needed for legal practice in administrative and public administration law and with the postgraduate training needed to access doctoral studies in the ambit of public law. It offers advanced, comprehensive and specialised training in the legal ambit of public administration. The program is taught by leading experts in the field all of whom have wide-ranging and prestigious teaching, research and professional careers in the public sector.
The master's training focuses on the market sectors with the greatest employment opportunities and with the lowest presence of specialized professionals. As a result, the Interuniversity Master's Degree in Public Administration Law is a necessary qualification for anybody who wants to specialise in this ambit.
You can study simultaneously for the Inter-University Master's Degree in Public Law and the Master's Degree in Advocacy via a specific study plan with recognition of credits between both qualifications. Check the benefits and information regarding the simultaneous program offered by Faculty Legal Sciences.
The master's degree is aimed at graduates in Law, Political Sciences, Sociology, Economics, Labour Sciences, Business Administration and Management and related ambits, and graduates in Labour Relations and Employment, Administration Sciences and related ambits.
It is also aimed at individuals with postgraduate qualifications in ambits related to the master's degree or who have relevant professional or institutional experience that equips them to undertake the master's degree.
Specific compulsory documentation
The documentation required for pre-registration. In addition, you can also submit:
- Accreditation of professional or institutional experience in the public or private sector.
- Accreditation of complementary training relating to the content of the master's degree (courses, seminars, other training activities, with supporting documents).
- Accreditation of knowledge of languages.
Students will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Suitability of the access qualification: up to a maximum of 30 points in accordance with the following order:
- Bachelor's Degrees in Social and Legal Sciences: up to a maximum of 30 points.
- Other bachelor's degrees: up to a maximum of 15 points.
- Evaluation of the academic transcript of the official university qualification that enables the student to access the master's degree: up to a maximum of 40 points.
- Relevance of the applicant's professional or institutional experience in the public or private sector: up to a maximum of 30 points.
If any places remain unfilled, the entity responsible for admissions may admit students without prioritising them according to their merits, provided, that is, that they meet the access requirements.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First year: compulsory subjects
- Master's Thesis
- Territorial Distribution of Power and Constitutional Justice
- Integration and Administrative Union in Europe
- Methodology and Research in Public Law
- Legal Regime Governing the Public Sector and Administrative Procedure
- Transparency, Integrity and Public Corruption
- Territorial Organization and Urban Development Law
- Legal Regime Governing the Public Contracting
- Legal Regime Governing Local Entities
- Legal Regime Governing Public Employment
- Regulation and Management of Public Services
- Public Administration Law
- Law Governing Historical and Artistic Heritage and Cultural Assets
- Economic Public Law and Regulation of Strategic Sectors
- Historical and Legal Evolution of the Public Administration
- Instruments for Administrative Intervention in the Environment
- Administrative Justice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- For students from member states of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Andorra* or resident in Spain: €1,806 / full time-course.
- Rest of students*: €2,913.
*Students who have obtained their degrees outside of Spain will be charged with €218.15 as a Tax of academic career that will apply in the first registration only (price for course 2021-22).
Credits - 60 ECTS
Doctoral programme in Law
The high level of specialisation acquired during the master's degree means that graduates will be able to access a wide range of career opportunities reserved for legal specialists:
- Legal specialist for the state, regional and local public administrations.
- Legal specialist in public and private entities that play a key role in the public sector (agencies, public companies, limited companies, consortiums, etc.).
- Legal specialist in the European Administration.
- Legal specialist in law firms, consultancies, private consultants for the public sector, companies and other entities contractually linked to the public sector, contractors, etc.
- Lawyer specialising in public, administrative and regulatory law.
- Internal legal specialist in public organisations that serve the public administrations.
- Research and teaching.
About this institute
Universitat Rovira i Virgili
The Rovira i Virgili University (URV) is a young and dynamic university serving the needs of society, with an international outlook and a close relationship with our immediate socioeconomic environment. Located in Tarragona, approximately 100 kms south-west of Barcelona on...
Want to know more about Inter-University Master's Degree in Public Law? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Doctorate / PhD
Richmond, United States of America