Inter-university Master's Degree in Classical ArchaeologyUniversitat Rovira i Virgili
Inter-university Master's Degree in Classical Archaeology
There are three priority areas of specialisation:
- Landscape archaeology
- Archaeology of architecture
- Archaeology of cultural material
- Students will be provided with basic, methodological, technological and advanced training.
The course is divided into subjects with the following content:
- Introduction to methodology and content that is of general use for the discipline.
- Professional-track content. Focusing on specific research areas in the field of classical archaeology.
- Chronological periods or concepts in classical history and archaeology.
The course willl be taught in Catalan/Spanish, with occasional seminars in English, French or Italian.
This Master’s degree is designed for graduates in Archaeology, History, art History or Classical Philology and related fields as well as graduates in similar fields such as Anthropology, Architecture and Geography.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
First year: Compulsory subjects
- Historical Evolution of the Landscape: Palaeoenvironment and GIS
- Drawing and Restoration Techniques for Architecture
- Iconography and Artistic Productions
- Optional subjects
- Archaeometry Transformed / Non-Transformed Materials
- Emergency Archaeology and Letters of Risk
- Textual Sources for Historical Research: Epigraphy and Papyrology
- Legal Framework of the Archaeological Heritage
- Optional subjects
Second Year: Compulsory subjects
- Career Guidance in Archaeology and Deontology
- Archaeology of the Landscape: Methods and Techniques
- Technical Analysis of Architecture
- Economy, Trade and Materials
- Work Placement
- Master's Thesis
- Methods and Techniques in Archaeological Excavation
- Introduction to The Archaeology of the Territory
- Archaeology of Architecture
- Introduction to Ceramography
- Archaeology of Roman Provinces
- Archaeology of Dearth
- Archaeology of War
- Archaeology of Hydraulics
- Religion and Mythology in the World Classical
- Archaeology of Colonization
- Iberian Archaeology
- Archaeology of Territory in the Ancient Mediterranean
- Archaeology of Late Antiquity
- Archaeology of Production and Ancient Technology
- Greek and Roman Architecture
- Roman Legal Institutions
- Archaeology of the Greco-Roman Orient
- Dissemination and Transfer of Knowledge in Archaeology
- Statiscal Methods Applied to Archaeology
- The Archaeology of Greece (URV)
- History and Archaeology of Greece (URV)
- The Archaeology of Rome (URV)
- History and Archaeology of Rome (URV)
- Mediterranean Protohistory (URV)
- Epigraphy and Numismatics (UAB)
- Tools for Classical Studies (UAB)
Scholarships & funding
The URV Master's Grants are aimed at exempting full-time students newly registered on a master's course from registration up to a maximum of 60 ECTS credits. For those master's degrees consisting of 90 and 120 ECTS credits, there is the possibility that students may receive the grant in the second year.
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- For students from member states of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Andorra* or resident in Spain: € 2,636 / full time-course.
- Rest of students*: €4,230.
*Students who have obtained their degrees outside of Spain will be charged with € 218,15 as a Tax of academic career that will apply in the first registration only (price for course 2021-22).
Credits - 90 ECTS
Graduates are capable of working in the fields bellow:
- Archaeological companies and cultural industries
- Public authorities (municipal, regional, provincial and state authorities)
- Research in universities and research centres
About this institute
Universitat Rovira i Virgili
The Rovira i Virgili University (URV) is a young and dynamic university serving the needs of society, with an international outlook and a close relationship with our immediate socioeconomic environment. Located in Tarragona, approximately 100 kms south-west of Barcelona on...
Want to know more about Inter-university Master's Degree in Classical Archaeology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...