Bachelor’s Degree in OenologyUniversitat Rovira i Virgili
Bachelor’s Degree in Oenology
All available course dates
Bachelor's Degree in Oenology
The profession of winemaker or oenologist combines three disciplines: biology, chemistry and process engineering. In these studies you will learn the winemaking process: from the biology and cultivation of vineyards, the fermentation of the must, the techniques of sensory, chemical and microbiological analysis to bottling. In addition, relevant aspects such as marketing, wine export, sommelier, wine tourism or communication skills in the description of wines are included in the training
Why study Oenology at the URV?
- The URV was the first university in the State to teach Oenology. Furthermore, it is the only Catalan university where you can study Oenology.
- The learning facilities are unique in the State: you have laboratories, tasting rooms, a farm with vineyards and your own winery where you can do the practices. Do you want to see the URV wines that you will make during the Degree in Enology?
- The teaching team has extensive experience and training in all areas of oenology.
- The strength of our relationships with companies is evident in the scholarship programs. We highlight the scholarships sponsored by Miguel Torres SA and the Jaume Ciurana Award for the best student, sponsored by Rius and Rius Asesores
This course is also taught in Catalan.
- Candidates should have good oral and written skills in Catalan or Spanish.
- Candidates should have a good grounding in the sciences, in particular biology.
- Special wine tasting skills are not initially required as candidates will learn these over the course of the degree, so that by the time the student graduates, they will be able to interpret and identify the principal sensory characteristics of any wine.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fundamentals of Biology
- Chemistry I
- Plant Physiology and Biology Practices
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- General Microbiology
- Chemistry II
- Oenological Microbiology and Biochemistry I
- Oenological Chemistry
- Oenological Chemical Analysis I
- Soil Viticulture and Climatology
- General Oenology I
- Sensory Analysis I
- Basic Operations
- Wine Economics and Marketing
- Oenological Microbiology and Biochemistry II
- Oenological Chemical Analysis II
- Viticulture I
- Sensory Analysis II
- Wine by-products
- General Oenology II
- Wine Culture
- Sensory Analysis III
- Oenological Instrumental Analysis
- Viticulture II
- Wine Regulations and Legislation
- Environmental Management of the Oen Industry
- Aging and Aging
- Sparkling Wine Making
- Sensory Analysis IV
- Quality and Safety Management in the Wine Industry
- Viticultural Pathology
- Oenological Engineering
- Final Degree Project
- External Internships
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition fee for both EU and International students is: 6810 EUR
Once you have graduated you will be able to work in the wine sector carrying out very varied tasks
- Cultivation of the vineyard in accordance with the established production criteria.
- Management and control of all the activities of the winery in accordance with current regulations, from the reception of the grapes, obtaining the must, fermentation and stabilization to the bottling control.
- Innovation in the production of oenological and viticultural products and processes.
- Management of viticultural and viticultural farms.
- Product and supplier quality control.
- Support to the marketing structures of the winery, design of development plans or physical support in product presentations.
- Sommelier, oenology and viticulture training.
- Marketing of auxiliary products of the wine sector.
About this institute
Universitat Rovira i Virgili
The Rovira i Virgili University (URV) is a young and dynamic university serving the needs of society, with an international outlook and a close relationship with our immediate socioeconomic environment. Located in Tarragona, approximately 100 kms south-west of Barcelona on...
Want to know more about Bachelor’s Degree in Oenology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Diploma / certificate
Diploma / certificate
Diploma / certificate