Bachelor’s Degree in Food BioprocessesUniversitat Rovira i Virgili
Bachelor’s Degree in Food Bioprocesses
All available course dates
Bachelor's Degree in Food Bioprocesses
The URV is the only university in Spain to offer this course. Food Bioprocess Studies are divided into two blocks: 3 academic years (180 ECTS credits) + 1 academic year (60 ECTS credits). Both degrees are official qualifications and are adapted to the European Higher Education Area.
The first block consists of the three-year Bachelor's Degree in Food Bioprocesses, in which you will specialize in food processing and biotechnological products. As an expert in food bioprocesses, you will be able to design and apply effective, environmentally-friendly methods to the production and processing of various biological products used for food and for research purposes and biotechnological development.
In the second block, the additional academic year, you will become a fully qualified professional engineer in Food Bioprocesses.
Why study Food Bioprocesses at the URV?
- They are unique studies throughout the State that will allow you to train to take advances in biotechnology and food to an industrial scale.
- We are a reference center in the application of innovative learning methods. Integrated blueprints, which allow the development of teamwork, leadership, communication, active learning and innovation skills, are present in each course. The use of this type of innovative teaching methodologies will facilitate the development of the essential skills to access the world of work in complex modern society.
- You will be able to complete your practical training with 300 hours of internships in the industries of the sector, both in Catalonia and abroad.
This course is also taught in Catalan.
Candidates should have good oral and written skills in Catalan or Spanish and an elementary level of English. Candidates should also have basic IT skills.
Candidates should have a good grounding in the sciences (mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology) and basic technology, to the level of the upper secondary education qualification (baccalaureate) in technology or sciences.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Mathematics I
- Fundamentals of Process Engineering
- Graphic Expression
- Chemistry I
- Computing in Process Engineering
- Fundamentals of Biochemistry and Biology
- Chemistry II
- Fundamentals of Food Production
- Food Chemistry and Analysis
- Mathematics II
- Soil Science and Climatology
- Thermal Engineering
- Economy and Industrial Organization
- Fluid Mechanical Engineering
- Fundamentals of Food Microbiology
- Bioprocess Kinetics and Reaction Engineering
- Environmental Technology
- Integrated Unit Operations Laboratory
- Quality Systems in Food Industries
- Food Bioprocesses and Food Safety
- Control and Instrumentation
- Management and Valorisation of Agroindustrial By-products
- Separation Process Design
- Electrical engineering
- Strength of Materials and Structural Calculations
- Technological Bases of Animal Production
- Bioprocess and Food Engineering
- Process Modeling in Food and Biological Systems
- Cartography and Topography
- Technical office
- Marketing and Valuation in the Agri-Food Industries
- Agri-food constructions
- Thermal Machines and Engines
- Facilities Engineering in the Agri-Food Industries
- Crop Protection
- Final Degree Project
- External Internships
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition fee for both EU and International students is: 5650 EUR
- Engineer responsible for the area of processing of products of biological origin, especially food
- Engineer in the areas of research, innovation and product design
- Engineer or engineer of the environmental management area
- Engineer of the process control and automation area
- Engineer in the area of management, logistics and marketing of products of biological origin, especially food
- Engineer of the department of management and quality control of products and processes
About this institute
Universitat Rovira i Virgili
The Rovira i Virgili University (URV) is a young and dynamic university serving the needs of society, with an international outlook and a close relationship with our immediate socioeconomic environment. Located in Tarragona, approximately 100 kms south-west of Barcelona on...
Want to know more about Bachelor’s Degree in Food Bioprocesses? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...