MSc (Veterinary Epidemiology) (Coursework)University of Pretoria - Faculty of Veterinary Science
About this program
MSc (Veterinary Epidemiology) (Coursework)
The coursework master’s degree curriculum consists of compulsory core and elective theoretical modules (90 credits) as well as a mini-dissertation (90 credits).
Also consult the General Academic Regulations G35 - 38.
- Each module requires a certain amount of contact sessions and the balance may be presented online. The detail of the contact sessions for each module is published in the study guides.
- A minimum number of students could be prescribed (as per the discretion of the module coordinator) for the presentation of any given module. When the required minimum number of students for a particular module is not reached, the module will not be presented in that academic year but will be offered again in the next academic year. For prescribed modules a maximum number of students who can enrol may be set. The details for each module are published in the study guides.
- Students are required to confirm whether a module will be presented in any particular year. This enquiry should be directed to the Faculty PG Student Administration co-ordinator according to the syllabi information provided in the list of modules in this yearbook.
- BVSc (or equivalent) degree or relevant four-year BScAgric degree or relevant BSc honours degree or relevant postgraduate diploma (on NQF level 8)
- An admissions examination may be required
- The candidate may be required to submit proof of experience in their selected field of study
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Research methodology 813
- Basic veterinary epidemiology 851
- Biostatistics in veterinary science 852
- Analytical veterinary epidemiology 853
- Animal health information management 855
- Scientific reasoning in veterinary epidemiology 856
- Advanced topics in veterinary epidemiology 859
Mini-dissertation: Veterinary epidemiology 891
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please contact the institute for more information about tuition fees
Message the school
About this institute
University of Pretoria - Faculty of Veterinary Science
In 2020 the Faculty of Veterinary Science of the University of Pretoria celebrated 100 years of veterinary education in South Africa. For the last few years, our Faculty has been ranked in the top 50 globally as a provider of...
Why study at University of Pretoria - Faculty of Veterinary Science
The quality of its training is such that graduates from this Faculty have no difficulty competing for and entering postgraduate programmes at universities in countries around the world. The Faculty, situated on a separate campus that compares favourably with the best in the world hosts five academic departments, three research centres and the state of the art Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital (OVAH), through which we offer the majority of our training.
The Faculty is also in a unique position to provide clinical training in our surrounding communities and the Hluhvukani Clinic near the Orpen Gate of the Kruger National Park, with services provided in production animal medicine, herd health, state veterinary medicine, wildlife medicine, community medicine and welfare practice.
Want to know more about MSc (Veterinary Epidemiology) (Coursework)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!