About this program
MPhil (Environmental Law) (Coursework)
The curriculum will generally consist of:
- Four modules counting 30 credits each (at least one of these modules must be completed during the first year of registration).
- A module in research methodology (RHP 801 - (non-credit-bearing)) (this module must be completed during the first year of registration).
- A research proposal (RHP 803 - (non-credit-bearing).
- A mini-dissertation.
- LLB degree or BProc degree or relevant honours degree or relevant degree on SAQA level 8 and relevant work experience in legal aspects in South Africa or Africa.
- A weighted average of at least 65% at final-year level.
- Written work on an aspect of environmental law motivating the desire to study in the field and to illustrate basic competence in working with legal texts
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Environmental law 802
- Strategic environmental management 822
- Environmental law 816
- Mini-dissertation 800
- Research methodology 801
- Research proposal 803
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The minimum duration of the Program is 1 year (2 semesters) and the maximum duration is 2 years (4 semesters). The study period may only be extended by the Faculty Postgraduate Committee on recommendation of the relevant head of department based on good reason shown and if it is clear that the student will be able to complete the Program in a further year of study.
Please contact the institute for more information about tuition fees
Message the school
About this institute
University of Pretoria - Faculty of Law
Our mission is to be an internationally recognised leader in socially relevant legal education and research in South Africa and globally. In pursuing its vision, UP Law has as its mission the creation and sustenance of a research and education...
Want to know more about MPhil (Environmental Law) (Coursework)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!