About this program
MMus (Music Therapy)
The degree Program comprises the following components:
- A. Theoretical section A core curriculum with coursework has to be followed and passed.
- B. Practical section Students are required to do a practical clinical internship which is assessed through on-site and group supervision and which needs to be passed before the MMus (Music Therapy) degree can be conferred.
- C. Dissertation
- Four-year BMus degree or four-year bachelor’s degree in related fields (e.g. psychology, speech therapy, occupational therapy, social work or education) or relevant honours degree Music proficiency as determined by a proficiency test
- A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% for the BMus degree or the four-year bachelor’s degree
- Psychology passed at final-year level of the bachelor’s degree
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please contact the institute for more information about tuition fees
Message the school
About this institute
University of Pretoria - Faculty of Humanities
You can choose to enrol for a professional degree in any of a variety of fields, such as psychology, social work, communication and audiology—our Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology is equipped with Africa’s only Specialist Neuro-Otologic Test Centre. These...
Want to know more about MMus (Music Therapy)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!