About this program
Bachelor of Drama
This program is directed towards the study of performance in relation to theatre, drama/theatre in education, performing arts management, film and television and the interface between technology and performance. The program guides the student towards an understanding of the academic discourses and the practical skills required to interrogate, create, manage and promote multiple forms of performance.
- The admission requirements apply to students who apply for admission to the University of Pretoria with a National Senior Certificate (NSC) and Independent Examination Board (IEB) qualifications.
- Applicants with qualifications other than the abovementioned should refer to: Brochure: Undergraduate program Information 2022: Qualifications other than the NSC and IEB.
- Citizens from countries other than South Africa (applicants who are not South African citizens) should also refer to: Brochure: Newcomer’s Guide 2021.
- School of Tomorrow (SOT), Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) and General Education Development Test (GED): The University of Pretoria no longer accepts qualifications awarded by these institutions.
- National Certificate (Vocational) (NCV) Level 4: The University of Pretoria may consider NCV candidates, provided they meet the exemption for bachelor’s status criteria and the program requirements.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Curriculum: Year 1
- Academic information management 111
- Academic information management 121
- Academic literacy 110
- Academic literacy for Humanities 125
- Academic orientation 101
- Drama and film studies 110
- Drama and film studies 120
- Live and digital performance studies 111
- Live and digital performance studies 122
- Performance studies:Praxis 110
- Theatre studies: Theory 111
- Theatre studies: Theory 122
Curriculum: Year 2
- Drama and film studies 210
- Drama and film studies 220
- Live and digital performance studies 211
- Live and digital performance studies 222
- Community arts in practice 210
- Performance studies: Praxis 210
- Theatre studies: Theory 211
- Theatre studies: Theory 222
Curriculum: Final year
- Drama and film studies 310
- Drama and film studies 320
- Live and digital performance studies 311
- Live and digital performance studies 322
- Performance studies: Praxis 310
- Theatre studies: Theory 311
- Theatre studies: Theory 322
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Undergraduate Tuition fees per faculty in 2022
- 1st year: 43 000 - 52 000 + 15% VAT
- 2nd year: 42 000 - 52 000 + 15% VAT
- 3rd year: 50 000 - 56 000 + 15% VAT
Total credits: 386
Message the school
About this institute
University of Pretoria - Faculty of Humanities
You can choose to enrol for a professional degree in any of a variety of fields, such as psychology, social work, communication and audiology—our Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology is equipped with Africa’s only Specialist Neuro-Otologic Test Centre. These...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Drama? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!