About this program
- Subject to the stipulations of General Academic Regulations G42, a master's degree is required for admission to studies for a PhD.
- Unless otherwise decided by the Dean, on the recommendation of the supervisor, the PhD degree is awarded on the basis of a thesis and an examination on the thesis. Conferment of the degree may be made subject to compliance with the stipulations of this regulation.
- The number of articles that have to be submitted to an accredited journal(s) on submission of a doctoral thesis should be a minimum of two. Departments may, however, require a higher number, as specified in their postgraduate brochures or departmental websites. At the latest, just before the department submits the final result of a thesis to the Dean, a student should submit proof of submission of articles issued by an accredited journal(s), to the head of the department, for his/her recommendation to the Dean. The submitted articles should be based on the research that the student has conducted for the thesis and should have been approved by the supervisor. The affiliations of both the student and supervisor should be listed as the University of Pretoria.
- The student must provide proof by means of his or her work, thesis and examination of advanced original research and/or creative work which makes a real and substantial contribution to the knowledge of Engineering Science and/or Practice.
- Relevant research-based master's degree
- Copy of the research master's dissertation
- Comprehensive intellectual CV
- An entrance/admissions examination may be required
Note: Additional modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Thesis: Metallurgy 990
Thesis: Metallurgy 990
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please contact the institute for more information about tuition fees.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Pretoria - Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment & Information Technology
Our slogan, Innovating our Tomorrow, amplifies our thought leadership to stay relevant, to be globally competitive, to re-invent ourselves and to deliver graduates who will be ready to embrace the disruptive unknown with an awakened mind. By encouraging students to...
Want to know more about PhD (Metallurgy)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!