About this program
MCom (Accounting Sciences)
- A candidate may be refused admission to a master’s degree by the relevant head of department/Postgraduate Committee if he/she does not comply with the standard of competence in the subject as determined by the department – with the proviso that a candidate who does not comply with the required level of competence, may be admitted, provided that he/she completes additional study assignments and/or examinations.
- The relevant head of department/Postgraduate Committee may set additional admission requirements.
- Specific departments have specific requirements for admission.
- The number of students will be determined in line with the growth strategy of the University of Pretoria as approved by the Executive.
- Allowance will be made for the diversity profile of students.
A pass mark in the following modules is considered to be adequate knowledge. Anyone not meeting this expectation will only be considered for admission in exceptional circumstances.
- Financial accounting 1 (FRK 111 and FRK 121/122);
- Economics 1 (EKN 110 and EKN 120);
- Statistics 1 (STK 110 and STK 120) and one of the following:
- Business management 1 (OBS 114 and OBS 124); or
- Marketing management 1 (BEM 110 and BEM 122); or
- Public administration 1 (PAD 112 and PAD 122); or
- Industrial and organisational psychology (BDO 110 and BDO 120) or equivalent modules passed at another institution as approved by the relevant head of department in consultation with the Dean.
- CA(SA) or BComHons degree in Accounting Sciences or equivalent qualification
- A cumulative weighted average of at least 65% for the BComHons degree
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Dissertation: Accounting sciences 890
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please contact the institute for more information about tuition fees
Message the school
About this institute
University of Pretoria - Faculty of Economic and Management Science
The Faculty comprises eight departments, namely Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Financial Management, Economics, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management and Business Management, and the School for Public Management andAdministration. Together, the departments and school present all the BCom and BAdmin degrees offered...
Why study at University of Pretoria - Faculty of Economic and Management Science
In the 2022 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings, UP was ranked in the 251–300 band for graduate employability.
International Rankings: QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021
- Accounting and Finance: 101–150
- Economics and Econometrics: 251–300
Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2021
- Business and Economics (includes business and management, accounting and finance, economics and econometrics, and public administration): 301–400
Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2021
- Economics: 201–300
- Finance: 151–200
Want to know more about MCom (Accounting Sciences)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!