MSc Project Management
If you're ready to build on your business and management skills and eager to develop the skills you need for a successful career in project management, then our MSc Project Management degree course is for you.
On this programme, you'll take your studies to postgraduate level and get to grips with the principles and practice of project management. You'll study strategic and practical approaches in different business environments and understand how the influence of successful project management on any organisation.
When you graduate, you'll have all the tools you need to contribute to the effectiveness of a business as a project manager.
Qualifications or experience
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent, or sufficient evidence of both relevant work experience and academic potential to achieve the award.
English language requirements
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Core modules on this course include:
- Budget and commercial management
- People management and risk
- Project environment and planning
- Project investigation and system methods
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- 1 year full-time (October start)
- 15 months full-time (February start)
February 2021 Start
- UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9,000
- International students: £15,100
September 2021 and January 2022 Start
- UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £10,700
- International students: £17,600
On this course, you'll:
- Study key themes in the field, including Budgets and Commercial Management, People Management and Risk, and Project Investigation and Systems Methods
- Take part in live web-based chat forums, where you can discuss your work with lecturers and other students
- Hear from guest speakers, who will share their experience and advice as practising project managers
- Complete a dissertation on a related topic of your choice
- Have 24/7 access to our Library’s electronic book, journal and database collections
You'll graduate from this course with the ability to lead, or be part of, a team undertaking strategic projects, from initiation through to completion.
You'll have the skills for a successful career as a senior project manager in the commercial sector.
What can you do with a Project Management degree?
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
- project management
- project planning
- product development
- public sector management
- infrastructure planning and implementation
- naval and Aerospace construction industries
- doctorate level study in project management
About this institute
University of Portsmouth
Join us at the UK's only island-city! At Portsmouth, we have five faculties: Business and Law, Science, Creative and Cultural Industries, Humanities, and Technology. Our highest ranking courses are in the field of Biology, but we also have a long...
Why study at University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth is consistently within the top-ranked institutions in the UK for student satisfaction, which is reflected in the teaching quality, but also the experience that students enjoy with us.
Students can live a few minutes' walk away from their faculty buildings on campus, with only a 5-10 min walk to the seaside.
The cost of living and accommodation in Portsmouth are significantly lower than in the larger cities in the UK, meaning you'll be able to live more comfortably here. The city is so compact that you don't need to take any public transport and most students/lecturers get around by bike.
The city has a population of around 200,000 and over 10% of this is made up of our student population. We have 5,000 students from overseas on campus.
Want to know more about MSc Project Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain