MSc Economics, Finance and Banking
If you're looking for a Master's that'll sharpen your knowledge of economics and finance and give you a deep insight into the financial services sector, this is the postgraduate course for you.
On this MSc Economics, Finance and Banking degree course, you'll focus on business decision-making and strategy. You'll learn to interpret trends, identify market risks and assess public policy, while developing the forecasting techniques that'll make you a real asset to the financial services and banking sectors.
When you graduate, your Master's degree can open doors to ambitious roles in the finance and banking sectors, business and commerce, industry, and private and public sectors.
Qualifications or experience
- A second-class honours degree in a relevant or related subject, which includes some element of statistics or quantitative methods, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
English language requirements
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Core modules include:
- Competition Policy and the Regulation of Markets
- Corporate Finance: Technical Foundations
- Econometric Modelling
- Financial Econometrics
- Financial Markets and Instruments
- International Banking, Financial Markets and Monetary Policy
- International Banking: Efficiency, Competition and Regulation
- Market Structure and Competition
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- 1 year full-time
- 2 years part-time
UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students
- Full-time: £10,700
- Year 1: £3,570
- Year 2: £7,130
- Full-time: £17,600
- Year 1: £5,870
- Year 2: £11,730
On this course, you'll:
- Evaluate economic theories, principles and strategy
- Learn how to interpret trends and identify market risks
- Assess public policy arguments
- Develop financial forecasting techniques
- Study themes including financial markets, econometrics, regulation and international banking
- Use our Bloomberg terminals to monitor and analyse real-time financial market data movements and trades
- Receive support and mentoring from staff, both face-to-face and via social media
- Complete an independent research project, based on economic research in a topic of your choice
- Tap in to our library’s array of electronic resources, including ejournals and newspapers
This course will provide you with the analytical skills needed to work in financial markets. You’ll be in a strong position to enjoy a successful career in the finance and banking sectors, business and commerce, industry, and private and public sectors.
What jobs can you do with a Economics, Finance and Banking degree?
Career opportunities include:
- Account manager
- Financial analyst
- Trader in financial assets
- Purchasing and acquisitions officer
- Business professional
- Commercial, industrial or public sector manager
About this institute
University of Portsmouth
Join us at the UK's only island-city! At Portsmouth, we have five faculties: Business and Law, Science, Creative and Cultural Industries, Humanities, and Technology. Our highest ranking courses are in the field of Biology, but we also have a long...
Why study at University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth is consistently within the top-ranked institutions in the UK for student satisfaction, which is reflected in the teaching quality, but also the experience that students enjoy with us.
Students can live a few minutes' walk away from their faculty buildings on campus, with only a 5-10 min walk to the seaside.
The cost of living and accommodation in Portsmouth are significantly lower than in the larger cities in the UK, meaning you'll be able to live more comfortably here. The city is so compact that you don't need to take any public transport and most students/lecturers get around by bike.
The city has a population of around 200,000 and over 10% of this is made up of our student population. We have 5,000 students from overseas on campus.
Want to know more about MSc Economics, Finance and Banking? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
New York City, United States of America