MSc Digital Media
Do you want to use and develop your expertise in creative digital tech, to find a career in a creative industry? Our MSc Digital Media degree course will give you the skills you need to get ahead of the competition – in fields such as computer game development, video and audio production, and animation.
On this course, you'll get to unpack the theoretical, practical and technical aspects of media production and tailor your studies to your personal strengths and future career plans.
You'll use the latest equipment, design your own project and receive the support of expert tech staff on your path to becoming an expert in digital technologies.
Qualifications or experience
- A good honours degree in a relevant subject that demonstrates some experience and knowledge of computing and programming, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
English language requirements
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
If you don't meet the English language requirements yet, you can achieve the level you need by successfully completing a pre-sessional English programme before you start your course.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Professional, Academic and Research Development
- Masters Application of Creative Technologies
- Web Asset and Application Development
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- 1 year full-time
- 3 years part-time
UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students
- Full-time: £7,950
- Part-time: £2,650 per year
- Full-time: £16,300
- Part-time: £5,430 per year
On this Digital Media degree course, you'll:
- Get to grips with the latest software used by digital media professionals (including Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, 3D Studio Max, Avid Media Composer, Cool Edit Pro, Adobe After Effects, Protools and Logic)
- Have access to our TV studios, motion capture facilities, computer and multimedia laboratories, music studio, photographic studio and print and production workshops to build and test your digital creations
- Work on client-based problems in order to develop your portfolio skills
- Be supported by expert staff at the top of their game
From the internet and computer games, to mobile technologies and social media, digital consumerism continues to grow and develop, both in the UK and globally.
When you graduate from this course, your expertise in digital media production will place you in a strong position to explore a range of creative industry roles which incorporate the design and use of new media technologies.
What can you do with a Digital Media degree?
Career opportunities include:
- Computer game development
- Multimedia production
- Graphics and video editing
- Digital video film-making
- Web design
- Training applications development
- Digital design
About this institute
University of Portsmouth
Join us at the UK's only island-city! At Portsmouth, we have five faculties: Business and Law, Science, Creative and Cultural Industries, Humanities, and Technology. Our highest ranking courses are in the field of Biology, but we also have a long...
Why study at University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth is consistently within the top-ranked institutions in the UK for student satisfaction, which is reflected in the teaching quality, but also the experience that students enjoy with us.
Students can live a few minutes' walk away from their faculty buildings on campus, with only a 5-10 min walk to the seaside.
The cost of living and accommodation in Portsmouth are significantly lower than in the larger cities in the UK, meaning you'll be able to live more comfortably here. The city is so compact that you don't need to take any public transport and most students/lecturers get around by bike.
The city has a population of around 200,000 and over 10% of this is made up of our student population. We have 5,000 students from overseas on campus.
Want to know more about MSc Digital Media? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...