MSc Data AnalyticsUniversity of Portsmouth
MSc Data Analytics
All available course dates
About this program
MSc Data Analytics
If you love finding trends, patterns and valuable information hidden inside complicated data sets, our MSc Data Analytics degree course will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
On this course, you'll develop your technological and technical abilities, and take your previous studies and experience to postgraduate level. You'll master data mining tools, unlock specialist knowledge, and apply both to analyse real data from our research in cosmology, health informatics and cybersecurity.
You'll plan and produce an in-depth research project too, and we'll provide the expertise and support so you can develop your professional practice. And once you graduate, you'll have a skillset that'll get you noticed – and all the tools you need for a career in data analytics or deep learning.
Qualifications or experience
- A first or an upper second-class honours degree in a relevant subject or a degree with relevant experience, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
English language requirements
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 6.0.
If you don't meet the English language requirements yet, you can achieve the level you need by successfully completing a pre-sessional English programme before you start your course.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Applied Data and Text Analytics
- Big Data Applications
- Business Intelligence
- Data Management
- Master's Engineering or Study Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- 1 year full-time
- 2 years part-time
- If you need flexibility with your studies, you can study MSc Cybercrime online.
- Format: Online, with optional face-to-face events
UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students
- Full time: £7,950
- Part time: £3,980 per year
- Full time: £17,600
- Part time: £8,800 per year
For Distance Learning
- Total course fees: £10,500
On this course you'll:
- Apply your skills to real-life practical problems with real-world data sets
- Enhance your existing knowledge by developing solutions that use our supercomputers and networked computer clusters
- Learn about advanced data management, applied data analytics and engineering, business intelligence and big data applications
- Make use of our multi-platform network suites and extensive laboratory facilities, which include a mobile computing lab to develop Android and iOS apps, usability lab with eye-tracking equipment and a forensics lab
- Manage and understand the business value that can be extracted from data sets
- Learn from academic staff with relevant experience in the field, including research and consultancy
You'll graduate from this course with enhanced skills in data science and analytics. You'll know how to extract the most valuable information from data sets with mixed attributes, and you'll be an expert in new techniques and technologies in the field, making you highly employable.
What jobs can you do with a data analytics degree?
Career opportunities include:
- Senior data scientist
- Data architect
- Data officer
- Information strategist
- PhD research
Message the school
About this institute
University of Portsmouth
Join us at the UK's only island-city! At Portsmouth, we have five faculties: Business and Law, Science, Creative and Cultural Industries, Humanities, and Technology. Our highest ranking courses are in the field of Biology, but we also have a long...
Why study at University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth is consistently within the top-ranked institutions in the UK for student satisfaction, which is reflected in the teaching quality, but also the experience that students enjoy with us.
Students can live a few minutes' walk away from their faculty buildings on campus, with only a 5-10 min walk to the seaside.
The cost of living and accommodation in Portsmouth are significantly lower than in the larger cities in the UK, meaning you'll be able to live more comfortably here. The city is so compact that you don't need to take any public transport and most students/lecturers get around by bike.
The city has a population of around 200,000 and over 10% of this is made up of our student population. We have 5,000 students from overseas on campus.
Want to know more about MSc Data Analytics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!