MA Marketing Analytics
Rapid advancements in technology and changing consumer habits have significantly increased the amount of useful data available to businesses.
This means the ability to manage and manipulate data to enable businesses to use their marketing resources effectively is in high demand.
If you're detail-oriented and want to develop your analysis skills to capitalise on this data revolution, this MA Marketing Analytics Master's degree is ideal.
You'll gain the knowledge and skills to apply data analytics in a marketing context, and uncover insights that help businesses create value for customers. You'll learn how to measure performance of marketing campaigns, uncover opportunities for boosting marketing performance, get a rich understanding of customers, and understand competitors.
You'll also get a grounding in core marketing theories and models, and have the chance to establish your own marketing agency, working with the local business community.
The future belongs to agile businesses that are equipped to act on the right data insights, at the right time. You'll graduate with the know-how and practical experience to do this for prospective employers.
Qualifications or experience
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications, such as the Chartered Institute of MarketIng Diploma in Marketing.
English language requirements
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Essentials of Marketing
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Consumer Insight and Analytics
- Advanced Marketing Analytics
- Data Science for Marketing
- The Collaborative Marketing Project
- Independent Marketing Research Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- 1 year full-time
- 2 years part-time
UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students
- Full-time: £9,200
- Part-time: £4,600
- Full-time: £16,400
- Part-time: £8,200
On this Marketing Analytics Master's, you'll:
- Learn how to analyse and interpret data, and forecast future market and consumer trends
- Develop your knowledge and practice in key marketing disciplines, such as consumer insights and analytics, social media marketing, applied marketing analytics, competitor research and data science
- Apply what you learn, as you learn, including establishing your own marketing agency, working with the local business community
- Develop transferable skills you can apply in all areas of your life, such as critical thinking, independent research, teamwork, verbal and written communication, analytical thinking and ethical practice
- Benefit from the experience of external guest speakers from a range of backgrounds – past speakers on similar courses include Jo Pabari (Director of Good Stuff Consulting and marketing consultant for Heineken, PepsiCo, Heinz and Twinings) and Emma Searle (Head of Digital at Verb Brands, a leading digital agency for luxury and premium brands)
You can also:
- Visit some of the world's leading digital marketing and advertising companies in London – we have links with organisations such as Google, Twitter and IBM
- Obtain additional qualifications that will boost your CV, via online training for applications such as Google Analytics and Adwords
- Immerse yourself in a different culture on a week-long self-funded study visit to a European university
Demand for professionals with specialist data skills more than tripled between 2014 and 2019. This demand is likely to continue to grow
With your Master's, you could work in many digital marketing and data analytics fields when you graduate, including marketing analysis, consumer insight and planning, and market research.
Roles you could work in include:
- Data analyst
- Data planner
- Digital marketing analyst
- Research and engagement marketing executive
- Market intelligence analyst
- Business strategy analyst
About this institute
University of Portsmouth
Join us at the UK's only island-city! At Portsmouth, we have five faculties: Business and Law, Science, Creative and Cultural Industries, Humanities, and Technology. Our highest ranking courses are in the field of Biology, but we also have a long...
Why study at University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth is consistently within the top-ranked institutions in the UK for student satisfaction, which is reflected in the teaching quality, but also the experience that students enjoy with us.
Students can live a few minutes' walk away from their faculty buildings on campus, with only a 5-10 min walk to the seaside.
The cost of living and accommodation in Portsmouth are significantly lower than in the larger cities in the UK, meaning you'll be able to live more comfortably here. The city is so compact that you don't need to take any public transport and most students/lecturers get around by bike.
The city has a population of around 200,000 and over 10% of this is made up of our student population. We have 5,000 students from overseas on campus.
Want to know more about MA Marketing Analytics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg