MA International Marketing
Business is now conducted on a global scale. This means organisations need marketing professionals with an international mindset and the ability to have an impact wherever in the world they operate.
On this MA International Marketing Master's degree course, you'll build business acumen while you develop a comprehensive and rigorous understanding of international marketing practice.
You'll learn about core marketing theories and models, and cover topics such as global marketing strategy, international brand communications, social media marketing, and web analytics.
You'll also have the chance to work on projects with the local business community, and spend time immersed in another culture on an international study trip.
When you graduate, you'll have knowledge, skills and experience necessary to develop marketing strategies for international businesses, making you an invaluable hire for any organisation. You could use your qualification to work abroad and in organisations engaged in business across international boundaries and cultures.
Qualifications or experience
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications, such as the Chartered Institute of MarketIng Diploma in Marketing.
English language requirements
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Essentials of Marketing
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Consumer Insight and Analytics
- Global Marketing
- International Marketing Communications
- The Collaborative Marketing Project
- Independent Marketing Research Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- 1 year full-time
- 2 years part-time
UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students
- Full-time: £9,200
- Part-time: £4,600 per year
- Full-time: £16,400
- Part-time: £8,200 per year
On this International Marketing Master's, you'll:
- Get a grounding in marketing principles and theories
- Study all aspects of marketing including branding, social media marketing and consumer analytics
- Learn about how globalisation has increased the connection between business, markets, people and information across different countries and cultures
- Improve your knowledge of different cultures and nations, to make yourself a more effective member of the international marketing community
- Apply what you learn, as you learn, including establishing your own marketing agency, working with the local business community
- Develop transferable skills you can apply in all areas of your life, such as critical thinking, independent research, teamwork, verbal and written communication, analytical thinking and ethical practice
- Benefit from the experience of external guest speakers from a range of backgrounds – past speakers on similar courses include Jo Pabari (Director of Good Stuff Consulting and marketing consultant for Heineken, PepsiCo, Heinz and Twinings) and Emma Searle (Head of Digital at Verb Brands, a leading digital agency for luxury and premium brands)
You can also:
- Visit some of the world's leading digital marketing and advertising companies in London – we have links with organisations such as Google, Twitter and IBM
- Immerse yourself in a different culture on a week-long self-funded study visit to a European university
- Obtain additional qualifications that will boost your CV, via online training for applications such as Google Analytics and Adwords
Countries such as India, China and Japan now among the world's top 10 economies, while Russia, Mexico and Brazil are expected to enter the top 10 by 2050 (The World in 2050, PWC).
This has led to a high demand for marketing professionals who have the ability to work effectively across cultures, regions and countries.
Marketing opportunities exist across all industry sectors – private, public and voluntary. These can range from the financial, consumer and information technology industries to not-for-profit organisations, such as charities, local government and higher education institutions.
Roles you could work in when you graduate include:
- International market researcher
- Marketing campaign officer
- International marketing executive
- Public relations account executive
- Marketing consultant
- Social media manager
About this institute
University of Portsmouth
Join us at the UK's only island-city! At Portsmouth, we have five faculties: Business and Law, Science, Creative and Cultural Industries, Humanities, and Technology. Our highest ranking courses are in the field of Biology, but we also have a long...
Why study at University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth is consistently within the top-ranked institutions in the UK for student satisfaction, which is reflected in the teaching quality, but also the experience that students enjoy with us.
Students can live a few minutes' walk away from their faculty buildings on campus, with only a 5-10 min walk to the seaside.
The cost of living and accommodation in Portsmouth are significantly lower than in the larger cities in the UK, meaning you'll be able to live more comfortably here. The city is so compact that you don't need to take any public transport and most students/lecturers get around by bike.
The city has a population of around 200,000 and over 10% of this is made up of our student population. We have 5,000 students from overseas on campus.
Want to know more about MA International Marketing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...