BA (Hons) Digital Marketing
From viral videos and personalised web content to social media influencers promoting their favourite products, you've seen and shared the work of digital marketers.
This BA (Hons) Digital Marketing degree will help you take the next step to join their ranks. You'll learn how to use data to get a deep understanding of consumers and harness your creative skills to produce engaging marketing content using digital technology.
Year 1 gives you a grounding in core marketing principles and consumer behaviour. In year 2, you'll learn about specialised topics such as social media marketing, market research and data visualisation with the chance to choose optional modules that match your interests.
In year 3, you'll learn how to produce a digital marketing strategy and complete further optional modules, from a choice including advertising, social marketing, branding and technology trends.
For your final project submission, you can do a dissertation, research project or work with a business on a live marketing campaign.
When you graduate, you'll be ready to work in digital marketing, web and media services in any industry. Your ability to use data to make effective business decisions will also make you a valuable team member in non-marketing roles.
- A levels – ABB–BBC
- UCAS points – 112–128 points from 3 A levels or equivalent (calculate your UCAS points)
- BTECs (Extended Diplomas) – DDM–DMM
- International Baccalaureate – 29–30
English language requirements
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Digital Content Creation
- Marketing In Action
- Marketing Principles And Practice
- Understanding Consumers
- Managing People in Organisations (Psychology)
- Quantitative Methods And Data Analysis (Marketing/HRM)
- Digital Marketing
- Employability And Professional Development
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Research Project
- Social Media Marketing
- Visualising Data
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Strategic Marketing in a Global Environment
- Success in Your Final Year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- 3 years full-time
- 4 years sandwich with work placement
- UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £15,500 per year
On this course, you'll:
- Cover all aspects of digital marketing, including web analytics, influencer marketing, affiliate marketing, search engine optimisation (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC), display advertising, email marketing and content marketing
- Get specialist knowledge of digital media and how to use it to influence, persuade and connect customers and brands across web, social media, and other digital platforms
- Learn to gather and use data to create content and campaigns that have maximum impact
- Get to grips with the latest digital marketing and media software such as Hubspot, Google Analytics and the Adobe Creative Suite in our computer labs
- Develop the skills to produce visual and text content that engages customers and encourages them to take action
- Learn from marketeers and digital media professionals who have a proven track record of success across many sectors – past guest lecturers include marketing professionals from O2, TK Maxx and Gartner
- Keep up-to-date with the latest digital marketing trends and techniques by studying modules shaped by research happening now at the University
You can also:
- Get additional certifications in tools, software and specific skills such as Hubspot's specialised certifications in email marketing and SEO and Google Analytics and Google Ads certifications, achieving recognised industry professional qualifications alongside your degree
- Work with organisations on live campaigns, applying your skills and getting valuable experience that will you make you stand out when you begin your career
- Further apply your knowledge in the workplace on a year-long work placement, boosting your employability prospects after the course
- Study abroad through our links with overseas universities, immersing yourself in a different culture
Digital marketing is one of the UK's biggest growth industries and many businesses are moving more operations online following the Coronavirus pandemic. This means there are many opportunities for qualified digital marketers, working in-house, in marketing agencies and on a freelance basis for organisations of all sizes.
A digital marketing degree also provides you with the knowledge and skills to understand consumers and make business decisions based on data and market information – a valuable skill in almost any organisation or industry.
Previous graduates on this course have pursued careers in areas such as:
- Marketing communications
- Digital marketing
- Web and social media
- Search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
- Campaign planning
- Data visualisation
Roles they've taken on include:
- Social media executive
- Marketing campaigns officer
- Business development manager
- Account manager
- Press officer
- Online marketing executive
About this institute
University of Portsmouth
Join us at the UK's only island-city! At Portsmouth, we have five faculties: Business and Law, Science, Creative and Cultural Industries, Humanities, and Technology. Our highest ranking courses are in the field of Biology, but we also have a long...
Why study at University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth is consistently within the top-ranked institutions in the UK for student satisfaction, which is reflected in the teaching quality, but also the experience that students enjoy with us.
Students can live a few minutes' walk away from their faculty buildings on campus, with only a 5-10 min walk to the seaside.
The cost of living and accommodation in Portsmouth are significantly lower than in the larger cities in the UK, meaning you'll be able to live more comfortably here. The city is so compact that you don't need to take any public transport and most students/lecturers get around by bike.
The city has a population of around 200,000 and over 10% of this is made up of our student population. We have 5,000 students from overseas on campus.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Digital Marketing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
London (Ontario, Canada), Canada