Slavonic Studies BA (Russian Philology)University of Pécs
Slavonic Studies BA (Russian Philology)
All available course dates
Slavonic Studies BA (Russian Philology)
This program is aimed at training specialists in the field of the Russian language and literature. Students will learn to work with complex texts related to different areas of cultural and social life. The program includes courses in linguistics, history and theory of literature, Russian culture and art, regional studies of Russia. The uniqueness of this program lies in the fact that students are also offered a module for the study of business Russian and business communication. Successful completion of this module enables graduates to be competitive specialists outside the scientific philological profile. This program provides a qualitatively new level of training for philology students by combining diverse disciplines and their interdisciplinary interaction.
Studying in Hungary provides an opportunity to get acquainted with the Hungarian traditions of Russian philology, the culture of Hungary itself, and also allows you to better understand Russian culture in contrast to Hungarian and gain intercultural interaction skills.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B)
- HEP A / B / C test
- HIV test
- Chest X-ray: Please attach the chest's X-ray result (not the film!) In English / Hungarian! (not older than 3 months)
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Language requirements:
- Russian: min. B2
- English: min. B1
- Entrance Exam (personally or via Skype)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Communication Technologies in the Age of Informatics
- Public knowledge
- Introduction to linguistics
- Librarianship and Information Management
- Folklore: mythology, folk poetry
- Hungarian-Slavic language ties
- Basics of stylistics
- Practical grammar of the Russian language
- Russian literature until the middle of the 19th century
- Workshop on the Russian language and style
- Vocabulary and semantics
- Russian language in economics
- Business correspondence in Russian
- Russian literature from the middle of the 19th century to the present day
- Silver Age of Russian Culture
- Intercultural communication
- Contemporary Russian culture
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
Tuition fee: EUR 2,200 per semester
Degree: Slavonic Studies, Philologist in Russian Studies (BA)
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-and-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will:
- experience a high quality of education.
- study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education.
- be awarded a valuable EU degree.
- choose from our professionally relevant and high quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money.
- study in a multicultural environment.
- enjoy low living expenses.
- experience vibrant student life day and night in this true University City, full of bars, restaurants and cafés.
- study at one of the largest higher education institutions in Hungary together with 20,000 other students.
- live in a uniquely beautiful place -Pécs was awarded the prestigious title “European Capital of Culture” in 2010.
- walk among the historical buildings in the city of Pécs, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- study in a very safe and friendly city located in one of the safest countries in Europe.
- get a Central European experience and discover further European countries easily during your studies at UP.
Want to know more about Slavonic Studies BA (Russian Philology)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic