OTM in Dentistry
The curriculum of the five-year program (10 semesters) is designed to unify the basic and clinical sciences, as it is believed that scientific and professional development cannot be sharply separated but should proceed concurrently throughout the program. In the basic module of first two years the students are taught basic sciences medical and dental courses which constitute the foundation of clinical dentistry.
In the pre-clinical module students become more familiar with the intensive clinical study of each of the various disciplines of dentistry that they continue with in the clinical module with more emphasis on the assessment and management of patients. Furthermore, in this final module students participate in elective programs, clinical conferences and hospital-based placements.
- have a high school diploma/official transcript of grades from secondary school (or a provisional certificate proving that you are going to graduate in the application period, therefore you will be able to submit it only later on, until the time of enrolment at the latest) with the best possible grades in Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- have B2 level/upper intermediate English knowledge (no language examination certificate is needed)
- have eligibility for higher education studies in their home country
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Foundation subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cell biology)
- Molecular biology
- Pathology (General and Oral pathology, General and Oral Pathophysiology)
- General and Oral Microbiology
- Functional biology (Physiology, Oral biology),
- Behavioural studies (Psychology, Sociology, Ethics)
- Introduction into Clinical Studies (Internal medicine, Surgery, Dental pre-clinics),
- Diagnostics (Laboratory Diagnostics, Pathological diagnostics, Diagnostic imaging, General and Oral radiology),
- Public Health (economics)
- Pharmacology (pharmacotherapy, toxicology)
Core curriculum - Clinical module
- Complex knowledge of diseases and therapies (Medical genetics, Internal medicine, Surgery, Dermatology, Ophtalmology, ENT, Diseases of Oral Mucosa,, Paediatrics, Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Oxiology, etc.)
- Optional subjects
Core curriculum - Dental clinical module
- Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Diagnostics
- Maintenance dentistry (Conservative dentistry, Endodontics, Parodontology, etc.),
- Oral surgery (Dental surgery, Maxillofacial surgery, etc.)
- Restorative dentistry (implants)
- Paediatric dentistry
- Optional Subjects
- $17,350 US per year ($9,300 US for the first semester, $8,050 US for the second semester)
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be awarded a Doctor of Medical Dentistry (D.M.D.).
After the successful completion of the program, students are awarded the title Doctor of Dentistry.
The diploma issued by the Medical School is accepted by all European Union countries and several other countries (Norway, USA, Canada, Israel etc.)
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-an-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education. Besides being the oldest university in the country, the highly qualified academic staff is a guarantee that students are provided with the most up-to-date knowledge to the highest, internationally recognized standards and so earn a degree, which is highly competitive in today’s labour market.
Choose from our professionally relevant and high-quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money, be awarded a valuable EU degree, and enjoy low living expenses, while getting a Central European experience!
Want to know more about OTM in Dentistry? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Doctorate / PhD
Doctorate / PhD
Doctorate / PhD