MA in Social Work
The study programme is designed to train Social Workers who are competent in Social Work practice and are prepared to introduce professional innovations while protecting human rights and representing the values of social justice. As professionals, they utilize their extensive knowledge and specific competencies on human behaviour and on social systems; thereby serving purposes of social integration, strengthening democratic relations, and promoting human development. They are able to elaborate on social issues and conduct research to work out professional alternatives; to design, manage and evaluate social services; and represent the profession in a variety of public spheres. Professional requirements are in accordance with international scientific results and professional expectations.
- Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
- Intermediate English language proficiency certificate
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Contemporary Theories of Social Work
- Programme Evaluation
- International Aspects of Social Work
- Social Problems and Societal Responses
- Dilemmas in Social Policy
- Analysis of Social and other Human Services
- Organizational and Leadership Psychology
- Specialisation Module: General Social Work
- Specialisation Module: Clinical Social Work
- Psychosocial Counselling in Social Work
- Social Policy Theories (Historical and Comparative Social Policy)
- Individual Casework
- Analyzing Group Work Processes
- Community Work
- Social work field practice
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
Tuition fee: EUR 2,500 per semester
Students are prepared to continue their studies to obtain a PhD degree.
The study programme is designed to train Social Workers who are competent in Social Work practice and are prepared to introduce professional innovations while protecting human rights and representing the values of social justice. As professionals, they utilize their extensive knowledge and specific competencies on human behaviour and on social systems; thereby serving purposes of social integration, strengthening democratic relations, and promoting human development.
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-and-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will:
- experience a high quality of education.
- study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education.
- be awarded a valuable EU degree.
- choose from our professionally relevant and high quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money.
- study in a multicultural environment.
- enjoy low living expenses.
- experience vibrant student life day and night in this true University City, full of bars, restaurants and cafés.
- study at one of the largest higher education institutions in Hungary together with 20,000 other students.
- live in a uniquely beautiful place -Pécs was awarded the prestigious title “European Capital of Culture” in 2010.
- walk among the historical buildings in the city of Pécs, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- study in a very safe and friendly city located in one of the safest countries in Europe.
- get a Central European experience and discover further European countries easily during your studies at UP.
Want to know more about MA in Social Work? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...