MA in Psychology
The aim of the program is to train professionals, who will be qualified in more branches of psychology and gain special knowledge in the field of Counselling and School Psychology. They will study the methodologies and instruments used in psychology, and will be able to use these with individuals, groups or organizations especially schools for their understanding and development. The program provides adequate training to acquire further, legally stipulated, specialized qualifications in the various fields of psychology.
During their studies the students having continuous practicum in a school for 4 semesters and they will join a counselling psychologist and work with him/her through two semesters. This type of practicum provides the students the opportunity to directly apply the knowledge gained during the courses. They will have immediate feedback of their performance and can easily develop their methods to reach a high level of understanding and routine in their work.
- Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
- Intermediate English language proficiency certificate
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Basics of psychodiagnostics and abnormal psychology
- Diagnostic Methods in School Psychology
- Practicum School Psychology I. - Observation, Assessment
- Communicational Skills Training
- Life Skills Counselling
- Practicum School Psychology II. - Behavior Management
- Practicum - Counselling I. - Individual Counselling
- Diagnostic Methods in Carrier and Employment Counselling
- Talent management and development methods
- Practicum School Psychology III. - Individual Learning Plans
- Practicum - Counselling II. - Family Counselling
- Theories of Crisis
- Art, Creativity, Psychology
- Practicum School Psychology IV. - Work with Special Needs Students
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
- EU citizens - €2,900 per semester
- Non-EU citizens: €3,900 per semester
They will be prepared to continue their studies at the doctoral level.
The main areas where this degree is applicable: clinical psychology and healthcare services, hospitals, ambulances; individual and group counselling; school psychology; pedagogical centers; coaching; organization development; sport psychology.
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-an-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education. Besides being the oldest university in the country, the highly qualified academic staff is a guarantee that students are provided with the most up-to-date knowledge to the highest, internationally recognized standards and so earn a degree, which is highly competitive in today’s labour market.
Choose from our professionally relevant and high-quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money, be awarded a valuable EU degree, and enjoy low living expenses, while getting a Central European experience!
Want to know more about MA in Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...