MA in Choral ConductingUniversity of Pécs
MA in Choral Conducting
All available course dates
About this program
MA in Choral Conducting
The activity of choral conductors holding a degree belongs to the field of choral art. It involves forming new ensembles, leading different types of choirs, actual conducting work. Basically it means to head and manage the artistic work of a choir in the long term with high efficiency. In choral work choral conductors can use their theoretical knowledge, their vocal and partly their instrumental abilities as well. They will be prepared to play an active role in the nourishing choral culture.
Besides general music theory and music history classes, the training will introduce students to the technique of choral conducting as well as to theoretical and practical issues related to the human voice, voice formation and maintenance, the history of choral music, repertoire, different styles and all the related know-how in all branches of choir music. Choral conducting and learning it at a high level requires personal skills, artistic sensitivity, having a good ear, knowledge of music and, most of all, the individual’s singing culture and knowledge about chamber music.
- Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
- Intermediate English language proficiency certificate
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- History of Vocal Music, Folk Music
- Musical Pieces / Performance Visiting
Professional Obligatory Module
- Choral Education and Management
Differentiated Professional Subjects
- Conducting Techniques
- Choral Conducting
- Orchestral Conducting
- Methodology of Choral Conducting
- Theory of Art
- Art History Special Course
- Stylistic Knowledge
- Aural Training
- Gregorian Chant
- Medieval Polyphony
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
Tuition fee: EUR 3,500 per semester
Choral conducting is an exciting and deeply rewarding field. Graduates may find their future career in a
- House of Worship
- Symphonic Chorus
- Community Chorus
- Opera and Musical Theatre and many more.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-and-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will:
- experience a high quality of education.
- study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education.
- be awarded a valuable EU degree.
- choose from our professionally relevant and high quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money.
- study in a multicultural environment.
- enjoy low living expenses.
- experience vibrant student life day and night in this true University City, full of bars, restaurants and cafés.
- study at one of the largest higher education institutions in Hungary together with 20,000 other students.
- live in a uniquely beautiful place -Pécs was awarded the prestigious title “European Capital of Culture” in 2010.
- walk among the historical buildings in the city of Pécs, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- study in a very safe and friendly city located in one of the safest countries in Europe.
- get a Central European experience and discover further European countries easily during your studies at UP.
Want to know more about MA in Choral Conducting? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!