German Language, Literature and Culture MAUniversity of Pécs
German Language, Literature and Culture MA
All available course dates
German Language, Literature and Culture MA
The goal of the degree program is to train experts who have sound general and special knowledge and understanding of the history, language, language use, literature, intellectual and material culture and identity of the German minority in Hungary and as well as considerable expertise in the German language, literature and culture. The program will also introduce students to the general legal, social and institutional conditions of minority life.
In addition - like in the MA degree program in German Studies - comprehensive knowledge will be provided in the following areas:
- The present and past of literary studies and linguistics
- Schools, trends and genres in the history of German literature
- The history of the German language
- Contact linguistics
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Copy of the BA degree in German Studies recognised in the EU (including transcript of records)(official translation is needed)
- for students whose native language is not German a document certifying ECL C2 proficiency in the German language.
- Letter of motivation (introduction, plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport (page)or national ID
- Passport size photo
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B) and HIV test
- The payment receipt of the application fee
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Past and present of literary studies / lecture
- Methods of literary studies / seminar
- Language history / lecture and seminar
- Representative epochs and directions in the history of literature / lecture
- Basic questions of the sociology of language / lecture
- Latest theories of cultural studies - overview / lecture
- Schools, directions and tendencies in literary studies / seminars
- Contrastive linguistics / lecture
- Media theory and intermediality / seminar
- Intercultural and intertextual interpretations / seminar
- Language typology / seminar
- Comparative interpretations of literary works / seminar
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
Tuition fee: EUR 2,000 per semester
Degree: Master of Arts in German Literature
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-and-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will:
- experience a high quality of education.
- study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education.
- be awarded a valuable EU degree.
- choose from our professionally relevant and high quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money.
- study in a multicultural environment.
- enjoy low living expenses.
- experience vibrant student life day and night in this true University City, full of bars, restaurants and cafés.
- study at one of the largest higher education institutions in Hungary together with 20,000 other students.
- live in a uniquely beautiful place -Pécs was awarded the prestigious title “European Capital of Culture” in 2010.
- walk among the historical buildings in the city of Pécs, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- study in a very safe and friendly city located in one of the safest countries in Europe.
- get a Central European experience and discover further European countries easily during your studies at UP.
Want to know more about German Language, Literature and Culture MA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
St Andrews, Scotland