Ceramics Design BAUniversity of Pécs
Ceramics Design BA
All available course dates
About this program
Ceramics Design BA
Our Designer Making BA program offers an opportunity to practice and improve in a wide range of activities. Students are introduced to the possibility of experimenting and combining design, material research, 3D design and 3D printing, a wide range of materials from paper to concrete. We believe in studio-focussed education and training. The campus is located on the premises of the Zsolnay Cultural Quarter, where the beautiful historical buildings are filled with the atmosphere of pure culture. We are the only training centre in Hungary where students can experience such a wide scale of design and making which will enable our students to solve assignments related to either design, craftsmanship, autonomous works of art or contemporary architecture alike. Students are invited to try all branches of this beautiful profession and decide for themselves which branch they wish to deal with more deeply.
In order to be offered a place in a bachelor's (first cycle or undergraduate) program, you must have successfully completed your upper secondary (high school) education and be able to demonstrate the minimum language requirement.
A firm knowledge of English or German is absolutely necessary to be able to take our courses in English or in German. Concerning the international programs offered by the University of Pécs, the language requirements are the following,
- TOEFL (iBT internet-based) 72 points
- IELTS (Overall Band Score) 5.5
- Cambridge ESOL B2 level
- TELC B2 level
- ECL B2 levels
- Oxford Online Placement Test 70 points
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Visual Studies 1.
- Creative Design Studies
- Cultural Anthropology
- Design methods
- History of Design
- Art History
- History of Philosophy
- Industrial product design
- 3D modelling
- Form Studies
- Colour Theory
- Concrete design
- Academic Writing
- Diploma work consultation
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
Tuition fee: EUR 3,000 per semester
Message the school
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-and-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will:
- experience a high quality of education.
- study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education.
- be awarded a valuable EU degree.
- choose from our professionally relevant and high quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money.
- study in a multicultural environment.
- enjoy low living expenses.
- experience vibrant student life day and night in this true University City, full of bars, restaurants and cafés.
- study at one of the largest higher education institutions in Hungary together with 20,000 other students.
- live in a uniquely beautiful place -Pécs was awarded the prestigious title “European Capital of Culture” in 2010.
- walk among the historical buildings in the city of Pécs, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- study in a very safe and friendly city located in one of the safest countries in Europe.
- get a Central European experience and discover further European countries easily during your studies at UP.
Want to know more about Ceramics Design BA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!