BSc in GeographyUniversity of Pécs
BSc in Geography
All available course dates
BSc in Geography
The Geography BSc line offers full 3-year-education in Geography. The study program offers complete education in geography, with special directions in Landscape and environmental studies, Regional and settlement development and also in Tourism. All three directions are supported by a strong GIS basis.
The program provides a general bachelor level education in geography. It includes introductory modules to Nature and social sciences, to Geology and to Geography. The core of the program is based on the fundamental issues of including topics in Physical, Human and Regional geography. Advanced courses can be chosen from the topics offered for the special directions. Beside the compulsory courses students have to choose optional courses to help them in their specialization. The courses usually consist of two parts: a lecture and a problem solving seminar, each worth 1 to 4 credits, depending on the nature of the topic.
The bachelor course in geography is the basis for the Master (MSc) line of applied geography with a special focus on the BSc specializations plus Geomorphology and GIS available at our university.
- High school / secondary education (or higher)
- Intermediate English language proficiency certificate
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Human Geography
- Historical Geography
- Geographical Fundamentals of Environmental Protection
- Meterology and Climatology
- Population and Settlement Geography
- Economic Geography
- Pedology and Hydro-geography
- Political Geography
- Physical Geography of Hungary
- Physical Geography of Europe
- Human Geography of Europe
- Regional Policies
- Theoretical Basics of Tourism
- Regional Human Geography of the Continents
- Urban Development and Planning
- Regional Geography of Tourism
- Environmental Issues in Water Management
- Rural Development
- Tourism Marketing
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Landscape Ecology
- Regional and Urban Development
- Tourism Geography
- Environmental Geography
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
Tuition fee: EUR 5,000 per semester
IGES geographers at the University of Pécs have a particularly good track record of securing excellent employment in various businesses, as well as private and public companies, including various water management companies, environmental protection enterprises, national parks, local governments, and in the diverse fields of regional development. The popularity of our students in the job market is partly due to the significant project management skills they develop by undertaking their supported dissertation research.
Also keep in mind that our training focuses on expertise and skills that is adaptable to altered job market demands, with which you may plan your future career in a flexible manner.
Destinations of recent graduates of the Geography and Earth Sciences programs include:
- Regional planner at local governments – in the field of regional planner
- Project manager – in the field of regional planner
- Proposal writer –in the field of regional planner
- Ranger at National Parks- in the field of Environmental protection
- Hydrologist (Hungarian Water Directorates- in the field of Environmental protection
- Waste management expert - in the field of Environmental protection
- Urban developer in the field of Urban development and property management
- Urban planner the field of Urban development and property management
- Property manager the field of Urban development and property management
- Public utility companies, department of the land register in the field of Geoinformatics
- GIS expert (Paks Nuclear Power Plant, Z-GIS at University of Salzburg) in the field of Geoinformatics
- Touristic manager in the field of Tourism
- Guide in the field of Tourism
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-and-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will:
- experience a high quality of education.
- study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education.
- be awarded a valuable EU degree.
- choose from our professionally relevant and high quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money.
- study in a multicultural environment.
- enjoy low living expenses.
- experience vibrant student life day and night in this true University City, full of bars, restaurants and cafés.
- study at one of the largest higher education institutions in Hungary together with 20,000 other students.
- live in a uniquely beautiful place -Pécs was awarded the prestigious title “European Capital of Culture” in 2010.
- walk among the historical buildings in the city of Pécs, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- study in a very safe and friendly city located in one of the safest countries in Europe.
- get a Central European experience and discover further European countries easily during your studies at UP.
Want to know more about BSc in Geography? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Massachusetts, United States of America