Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
BSc in Earth Sciences
The Earth Sciences BSc program offers full 3-year-education in earth sciences. The program provides general bachelor level education in earth sciences and also offers the possibility to specialize in Geology. It includes introductory modules to Nature Sciences, Geology and also Geography. The core of the program is based on the fundamental issues of earth sciences and includes topics in Astronomy, Cartography, Geomorphology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, Hydrology, Meteorology, Palaeontology, Paleoclimatology, Remote Sensing, Stratigraphy, etc. while a strong regional geographical aspect is also present. The program also includes a variety of human geographical courses.
- High school / secondary education (or higher)
- Intermediate English language proficiency certificate
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Astronomical Geography
- Cartography and Remote Sensing
- Mathematical Methods in the Earth Sciences
- Historical Geology and Paleontology
- Environmental Audit and Quality Assurance
- Digital Mapping
- Systematic Mineralogy
- Soil and Rock Physics
- Petrographic Microscopy
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Structural Geology
- Environmental Geology Basics
- Geology of Energy Resources
- Sedimentary Geology
- Geology of Hungary
- Engineering Geology
- Geoparks, Geotourism
- Economic Geology
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
Future Job Opportunities:
IGES Earth Scientists at the University of Pécs have a particularly good track record of securing excellent employment in various businesses, as well as private and public companies, including various water management companies, environmental protection enterprises, national parks, local governments, and in the diverse fields of regional development. The popularity of our students in the job market is partly due to the significant project management skills they develop by undertaking their supported dissertation research.
Also keep in mind that our training focuses on expertise and skills that are adaptable to altered job market demands, with which you may plan your future career in a flexible manner.
Destinations of recent graduates of the Geography and Earth Sciences programs include:
- Regional planner at local governments – in the field of regional planner
- Project manager – in the field of regional planner
- Proposal writer –in the field of regional planner
- Ranger at National Parks- in the field of Environmental protection
- Hydrologist (Hungarian Water Directorates- in the field of Environmental protection
- Waste management expert - in the field of Environmental protection
- Urban developer in the field of Urban development and property management
- Urban planner the field of Urban development and property management
- Property manager the field of Urban development and property management
- Public utility companies, department of the land register in the field of Geoinformatics
- GIS expert (Paks Nuclear Power Plant, Z-GIS at University of Salzburg) in the field of Geoinformatics
- Touristic manager in the field of Tourism
- Guide in the field of Tourism
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-an-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education. Besides being the oldest university in the country, the highly qualified academic staff is a guarantee that students are provided with the most up-to-date knowledge to the highest, internationally recognized standards and so earn a degree, which is highly competitive in today’s labour market.
Choose from our professionally relevant and high-quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money, be awarded a valuable EU degree, and enjoy low living expenses, while getting a Central European experience!
Want to know more about BSc in Earth Sciences? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Bloemfontein, South Africa
Bloemfontein, South Africa