BA in Psychology
Psychology as the study of behavior, it has close links with the biological and social sciences as well as with the humanities such as philosophy and literature. The general aim of our program is to contribute to the intellectual and personal development of each student. Some students will choose to pursue more advanced studies in specialized areas, whereas others will choose to develop their studies within a broader educational experience before moving into a career in a wide range of employment sectors. The program endeavors to enable students to develop their capacity to contribute both to their own development and to that of the society in their future career. Recent years have seen a massive growth of interest in behavioral issues in everyday life, ranging from stress, health, human-machine interaction and artificial intelligence, to social dynamics, personal development, mental illness, management techniques and the environment, to name but a few.
- High school / secondary education (or higher)
- Intermediate English language proficiency certificate
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Psychology
- Social Psychology: Culture and Socialization
- Basic Biological Knowledge
- Evolutionary Psychology I.
- The Cognitive Psychology of Attention
- Human Genetics
- The Cognitive Psychology of Memory
- Analytical Developmental Psychology
- The Cognitive Psychology of Thinking
- Social Psychology of Communication
- Behavioral Views of Personality
- Measures at Organizations
- Applied Fields of Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Introduction to Work and Organization Psychology
- Introduction to Psychology at Schools
- Introduction to the Psychology of Arts
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
- EU citizens - €2,900 per semester
- Non-EU citizens - €3,900 per semester
This can lead to careers in, for example, clinical, counseling, educational, forensic, health or occupational psychology. The skills that you will learn while studying psychology, which may be of value to you in future careers, include information finding, oral and written communication, numeracy, computer literacy, time-management, problem solving, group working and the ability to carry out independent research.
Examples for career opportunities:
- Clinical Psychologists (after a PhD) / private practice
- Developmental psychologist/Child psychologists
- Industrial/Organizational Psychologists
- University professors/Researchers
- Educational Psychologists/ Counselors / Coaching
- Policy Devisers in Public/Political sectors
- HR management
- Military Psychologist
- Experimental Psychologists
- Counsellors/Social workers/Coaches/Personal advisers
- Human Resources Managers/Market Research Analysts and many more.
The major you pursue does not necessarily determine your future career path.
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-an-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education. Besides being the oldest university in the country, the highly qualified academic staff is a guarantee that students are provided with the most up-to-date knowledge to the highest, internationally recognized standards and so earn a degree, which is highly competitive in today’s labour market.
Choose from our professionally relevant and high-quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money, be awarded a valuable EU degree, and enjoy low living expenses, while getting a Central European experience!
Want to know more about BA in Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...