BA in Orchestral and Choral ConductingUniversity of Pécs
BA in Orchestral and Choral Conducting
All available course dates
BA in Orchestral and Choral Conducting
The aim of this program is to educate musicians who - with their performing skills, theoretical knowledge, and highly developed musical abilities - enrich and spread the Hungarian and European music culture. They can enrich the repertoire of musical knowledge with their sophisticated musical taste and are able to work in musical institutions, professional performing ensembles and in other occupations which require music education. The program enables students to combine training in choral conducting with vocal studies. It is an important part of the training to become familiar with rehearsal work. The choral conducting program includes foundation classes such as philosophy, aesthetics, art history, music history, acoustics and subjects like piano, chamber music, chamber singing as well besides conducting technique and style.
- High school / secondary education (or higher)
- Intermediate English language proficiency certificate
For the BA in Orchestral and Choral Conducting, applicants are also required to take an entrance examination, which consists of the following:
- Aptitude test
- Practical exam
For more information about the entrance examination, please visit the program webpage.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Music History
- Choral Conducting
- Folk Music
- Conducting Practice
- Human and Child Studies
- Compulsory Piano
- School observation (Choral)
- Developmental Psychology
- Acoustics, Music Informatics
- Transposing and Score Reading
- Social Psychology
- Practice with Répétiteur
- Voice Production Techniques
- Diploma Choir
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
Tuition fee: EUR 3,300 per semester
Graduates can enrich the repertoire of musical knowledge with their sophisticated musical taste and are able to work in musical institutions, professional performing ensembles and in other occupations which require music education.
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-and-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will:
- experience a high quality of education.
- study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education.
- be awarded a valuable EU degree.
- choose from our professionally relevant and high quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money.
- study in a multicultural environment.
- enjoy low living expenses.
- experience vibrant student life day and night in this true University City, full of bars, restaurants and cafés.
- study at one of the largest higher education institutions in Hungary together with 20,000 other students.
- live in a uniquely beautiful place -Pécs was awarded the prestigious title “European Capital of Culture” in 2010.
- walk among the historical buildings in the city of Pécs, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- study in a very safe and friendly city located in one of the safest countries in Europe.
- get a Central European experience and discover further European countries easily during your studies at UP.
Want to know more about BA in Orchestral and Choral Conducting? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...