Archeology BAUniversity of Pécs
All available course dates
At the University of Pécs, Faculty of Humanities You may learn Archaeology on bachelor level. Our undergraduates develop their knowledge and skills in various methods of the theory and practice of archaeology to achieve successful careers as technicians of excavation projects or as potential members of resarch groups.
You will be suitable for the exploration, excavation and processing of archaeological sources and sites with the help of an archaeologist with master degree, as well as for the management of museum collections. You may be also familiar with other areas of cultural heritage in order to carry out the basic tasks in all institutions responsible for the exploration, protection, processing and presentation of cultural heritage. In addition, You can be prepared to continue Your studies in the Archaeology M.A. program.
You will experience different teaching, learning and assessment methods including lectures, seminars, individual tuition, group-based, co-operative activities as well as individual and small group research projects. Student-centered teaching foster respectful, attentive and emphatic communication and can improve reasoning and collaboration skills, as well as adaptability. The University of Pécs is an Erasmus-partner of some distinguished Universities across Europe to research, develop and innovate in the field of archaeology.
The Archaeology B.A. curriculum at the University of Pécs contains obligatory excavation, survey, museological and museumpedagogical practice in collaboration with various institutions.
The applicant has to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application portal of the University of Pécs:
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B)
- HEP A/B/C test
- HIV test
- Chest X-ray: Please attach the chest’s X-ray result (not the film!) in English/Hungarian! (not older than 3 months)
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Acceptable online language exams:
- Duolingo online exam from score 110
- IELTS Indicator from score 5.5
- Official copy of the following language exam certificates:
- TOEFL (iBT internet-based): 66 points
- IELTS: Overall Band Score: 5.5
- Cambridge ESOL: B2 level
- TELC: B2 level
- ECL: B2 level
- Entrance Exam (personally or via Skype)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Basic Skills of Latin Language
- Basic Skills of Research and Academic Writing
- History of art and culture
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Archaeological Research Methods
- Introduction to the Archaeology of the Migration, Medieval and Early Modern Periods 1-2
- Excavation Practice
- Medieval Art, 1000-1541 A.D.
- Roman Archaeology
- Archaeological fieldwork (survey)
- Classical Archaeology
- Expertise in Archaeological Find Material of various periods
- Excavation Practice
- Early medieval period – Byzantium
- Actual Questions in Archaeology and related sciences
- Museum Education Methods (practice)
- Thesis consultation
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the website.
Tuition fee: EUR 2,200 per semester
Degree: Philologist in Archaeology BA
About this institute
University of Pécs
The University of Pécs opened its doors in 1367, making it the first and oldest institution of its kind in Hungary. With longer and shorter interruptions, UP has been shaping the young academic society for over six-and-a-half centuries, not just...
Why study at University of Pécs
If you choose the University of Pécs, you will:
- experience a high quality of education.
- study at the oldest university in Hungary - founded in 1367 - having exceptionally wide-ranging experience and long-standing traditions in higher education.
- be awarded a valuable EU degree.
- choose from our professionally relevant and high quality programs for a tuition fee that represents great value for money.
- study in a multicultural environment.
- enjoy low living expenses.
- experience vibrant student life day and night in this true University City, full of bars, restaurants and cafés.
- study at one of the largest higher education institutions in Hungary together with 20,000 other students.
- live in a uniquely beautiful place -Pécs was awarded the prestigious title “European Capital of Culture” in 2010.
- walk among the historical buildings in the city of Pécs, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- study in a very safe and friendly city located in one of the safest countries in Europe.
- get a Central European experience and discover further European countries easily during your studies at UP.
Want to know more about Archeology BA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...